Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
YK and distractions

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 2:32 pm
I feel guilty just thinking/writing about this... being a mom BH I'm stuck at home and cant go to shul. so I daven whatever I can, which doesn't take hours and hours, I'll take care of the kids and say as much tehillim as I can. but I'll still have some spare time here and there. is it terrible if I read a book?
what can I do that's appropriate for the day but still 'relaxing' and distracting. I know, I'm terrible. feel so guilty now. Crying

zaq

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 3:59 pm
Get a book that's easy to read but is still something 'improving' . there's no dearth of english-language books by publishers like Artscroll and Feldheim (to name only two) for general audiences (iow not textbooks and not scholarly dissertations) on every topic from halacha to parasha to jewish philosophy, many dedicated to a given yomtov or concept like teshuva or tefillah.

youngishbear

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 4:59 pm
What zaq said.

Even something light like a biography of an inspirational person or a collection of stories about yom kipur or tefillah keeps you in the spirit of the day.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur