Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
Succos with family

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 5:50 pm
I haven't had my married children and families over since last Succos, and was finally looking forward to having them this Succos. Well my daughter has told me that her school sent out an e-mail that basically said , if any of the parent body plans on spending Yom Tov with their out of town relatives, the children will not be allowed back in school, for 2 weeks. I can see how they want to protect the student body, but those who are spending Yom Tov with their in-town family and friends are just as likely to pick up the virus and spread it.
I'm just frustrated and had to vent. Like so many others, I've had enough of this.

Fave

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 6:19 pm
Technically, you can go to her.

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 6:22 pm
So go to her

Elfrida

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 6:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I haven't had my married children and families over since last Succos, and was finally looking forward to having them this Succos. Well my daughter has told me that her school sent out an e-mail that basically said , if any of the parent body plans on spending Yom Tov with their out of town relatives, the children will not be allowed back in school, for 2 weeks. I can see how they want to protect the student body, but those who are spending Yom Tov with their in-town family and friends are just as likely to pick up the virus and spread it.
I'm just frustrated and had to vent. Like so many others, I've had enough of this.

Is the issue travelling to out of town and spending Yom Tov there, or contact with relatives who live out of town?

If the issue is that the children would be travelling to and exposed to an area with a higher infection rate, you can do as other posters have suggested and go to them. If they all live near each other, you could even spend Yom Tov all together. If they live further apart, it might mean travelling, but at least you could spend time with all of them.

If the issue is contact with people living in an area of higher infection rates, you are rather stuck. But this option seems less likely.

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 6:43 pm
It is hard Op.

It makes sense. But it is hard.

Painful.

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 6:48 pm
I am going out of town for succos. I actually picked a place that I did not have to quarantine after, and it was just put on the list yesterday. I decided not to cancel my plans, as my kids have been looking forward to this for quite a few months, and they need to get away after a very hard year. I spoke to at least one of my schools already and they said as long as I social distance, and we're a mask and do hand washing they will look away.
The worst is my kids will want to be home for an extra week after succos. (I am coming home halfway through)

Just realized, people are going to be spending time with people in town also and I can almost guarantee a lot of classes are going to have to go remote after succos. I'm really not so nervous about it.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 7:29 pm
Our school's policy is the need to quarantine if we travel to a high infection area. I get it. We are seeing the difference when people mingle with other communities.

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 7:32 pm
Our school has same policy and I’m totally ok with it. I want my kids to stay in school I don’t want them home because someone came home from vacation with covid. If ur daughter wants to come then she can quarintine upon return home. Our school policy does not allow our of town guest coming to us either.

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 7:54 pm
There are many schools who are thinking of doing virtual school for 2 weeks after succos and covid testing so they wont see an uptick in cases once everyone goes back.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics