Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Low sugar spare ribs recipe

newbie613

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 10:40 pm
All my recipes call for too much sugar and I need to be able to serve to someone who needs to watch their sugar intake.

Any good recipes that will be soft and yummy without being too high in sugar?

asweet

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 10:51 pm
Best ever mix salt and pepper and garlic Sprinkle on each piece and wrap individually in silver foil.

Bake on 250 overnight, super soft and super delicious everytime!

agreer

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 12:46 am
asweet wrote:
Best ever mix salt and pepper and garlic Sprinkle on each piece and wrap individually in silver foil.

Bake on 250 overnight, super soft and super delicious everytime!

Yup.

I did this over R"H with a tweak - I mixed spices, heavy on paprika (like 4 T), onion powder, garlic powder, cumin. Rub on ribs and let sit for 1 hour at room temp.

I cooked mine at 350 for 2.5 hours and would have liked it softer, so 250 overnight sounds amazing.

It was DEE-licious and no sugar at all! And I didn't miss the BBQ sauce. Just make sure to rewarm before serving so the internal fat melts - that's what makes it super soft.

Tzippy323

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 1:21 pm
Mix soy sauce (liquid aminos) and honey in 2:1 ratio. Marinate spare ribs in this mixture overnight. Place the ribs in a 9x13 pan with marinade and cover tightly with foil. Bake at 325 degrees for 4 hours.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics