Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Need help diagnose my son

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 8:16 pm
I'm looking for someone that can help me with diagnosing my son. I'm not exactly sure of the problem perhaps it's a processing problem. He has been going to tutoring but other than knowing what he learns with the tutor as hard as he works he seems as if there's a skill that he's missing. I would need preferably a man and yiddish speaking. In the Monsey area, but maybe willing to travel.

cnc

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 8:18 pm
How old is he? Are you specifically looking for someone that takes insurance?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 12:38 am
cnc wrote:
How old is he? Are you specifically looking for someone that takes insurance?

He is 13. He was evaluated once or twice in cheder as part of the tutoring program but it wasn't helpful. It doesn't have to be someone who accepts insurance. I'm looking for someone good who will hopefully have some answers for me with solution.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 2:47 am
Contact the department of education, and have him evaluated for learning disabilities.

That's their job. You certainly won't be the first parent to ask.

Good for you for advocating for your son! A boy who struggles to learn can have huge self esteem issues, because they are under so much pressure.

My dad has very severe dyslexia, and because of the way he was treated in school, to this day he thinks of himself as being "a little bit stupid". Sad He's brilliant in so many other ways. It breaks my heart to think that he spent his whole life feeling so down on himself. He's such a good man.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children