Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Meat Mavens: Why was a piece cut out off this $61 raw tongue

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 10:04 am
I noticed something was off looking when took the raw tongue out of the package, but after the first boiling, it looks really bad.

Why was a piece cut out off this $61 "Cut Above/ Lubavitch" raw tongue (purchased yesterday in KRM?

Is it a health concern?

solo

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 11:05 am
That is so disappointing

solo

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 11:05 am
Did u try reaching out to the store/ company u purchased It from

rae

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 12:43 pm
I would take it back. That’s inexcusable. I’m sorry that happened to you. So disappointing

lilies

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 12:56 pm
Can someone explain? What am I seeing and what's so terrible? What is it supposed to look like?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 1:30 pm
lilies wrote:
Can someone explain? What am I seeing and what's so terrible? What is it supposed to look like?

Whole beef tongues never have a huge chunk cut out (I didnt cut the huge chunk out, it came that way from the store, and was covered by the label).

I assume they cut that huge piece out because there was something wrong and not sellable.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 1:38 pm
Buy pickled tongues at Gourmet. Not much more money and their curing is much tastier.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 1:45 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Buy pickled tongues at Gourmet. Not much more money and their curing is much tastier.

I serve tongue with an apricot sauce and dont need the chemicals they put into the pickled tongue. But Gourmet might have plain tongues too.

I paid 18.99 per pound, I wonder what Gourmet charges.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen