Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
NYC COVID testing nightmare
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 2:13 pm
I was exposed to Corona by a person that is now really sick. The person had been tested and got a negative result and had no symptoms when we were in the same home. Knowing that I signed up for the city’s free testing that’s done in your car. I had a runny nose and slightly sore throat on and off which could be weather but no other symptoms. I’ve had my kids tested so I knew what to expect or so I thought. While the swab was in my nose I felt a pop and a shooting pain in my ear that went down my neck while my eyes simultaneously began pouring. My typically high pain tolerance was gone and I whimpered “it’s hurting”. The woman pushed my head back further and said “it’s fine”. I literally could not see with my eyes so wet and I had a painful throb in my neck behind my ear. My ear was also discharging fluid and I felt like my ear was clogged. The woman told me to drink water and that it was supposed to feel like that. The pain in my neck and ear was barely tolerable and I asked for medical care. 20 minutes later they were still arguing that I didn’t need care and they kept telling me I was fine. They are only the contractor OPKO BioReference. When a line backed up a DOH worker came and said that they did actually have an ambulance just on the other side of the tent. It was an Ambulnz contractor. I did not want to go to the closest hospital and not with them. I did not want them to touch or examine me. (I would go to my doctor I trust or Hatzolah if I needed). They told me if I didn’t want to go to the ER in an ambulance I needed a report so I could go to the ER later if I needed to “to prove that (I) wasn’t making it up”. Another 20 minutes goes by while they are writing the report but then refuse to give me the copy of the report they said that I needed if I didn’t sign a release of liability. They had a person there wearing a New York Environmental Police uniform that was supposed to witness me signing a liability release that I didn’t agree to sign. On the documents they kept they wrote down my vehicle plate number and description and that I told them I had kids. He wrote down the phone number to the Ambulnz office that the ER could call if I later needed to go. I still have drainage in my ear, significant ear and neck pain, and swollen eyes hours later. They have my name DOB address phone plate. I was there for a total of an hour. Beware.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 2:15 pm
I’m not a conspiracy person normally but I think the result will come back as positive based on where I live. I plan to get another test today to compare the result.

imasinger

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 2:16 pm
Ugh, that's horrible! Refuah shleimah.

One of my nightmares about a surge is that more workers are needed to keep up with doing more testing, and therefore, maybe some of the testers are not experienced enough and are hurting people.

I'm hoping the saliva test is widely available and effective soon.

Last edited by imasinger on Thu, Sep 24 2020, 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 2:17 pm
Not a normal story. Feel better

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 2:17 pm
Ouch!!!!! I'm feeling pain just reading this

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 2:18 pm
feel like this might scare ppl off from getting tested

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 2:18 pm
Ouch! If you didn’t do kaparos yet I think this was a real kapara! Sounds awful! Refuah sheleima!

Last edited by ExtraCredit on Thu, Sep 24 2020, 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 2:19 pm
Does everyone know that test results are required to be reported and they can use tracking? I didn’t until today.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 2:22 pm
Sounds horrid. So sorry Op! Thanks for paying it forward. Feel better! Refuah shleimah!

Really disturbing.

Goldie613

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 3:01 pm
Oy! So sorry to hear that you went through this :-(

Have you checked with your doctor or an ENT yet to make sure everything is ok?

trixx

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 3:05 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Does everyone know that test results are required to be reported and they can use tracking? I didn’t until today.

This is why you shouldn't test
(bash away)

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 3:10 pm
trixx wrote:
(bash away)

Agreed! Our Urgent Care won’t test. I understand why. A few people I know tested positive and they are getting harassed almost every day. If you’re sick stay home. That’s all.

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 3:10 pm
trixx wrote:
(bash away)

If we live in America, we should follow the rules here. Halacha mandates that. If you don't like it, you're welcome to move. (Except you can't right now, because Americans have done such a shameful job at failing to stop Corona we're not allowed to go anywhere)

ddmom

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 3:14 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
If we live in America, we should follow the rules here. Halacha mandates that. If you don't like it, you're welcome to move. (Except you can't right now, because Americans have done such a shameful job at failing to stop Corona we're not allowed to go anywhere)

Is there a rule that hou have to get tested if you have symptoms of being sick?

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 3:15 pm
OP, I am so sorry that happened to you. That is absolutely inexcusable. No wonder people are refusing to get tested!

I'd rather spend two weeks locked in my house, than go through that kind of torture. I'm highly prone to excruciating sinus infections, and no way would I let someone do anything that invasive outside of an ENT's office.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 3:59 pm
ddmom wrote:
Is there a rule that hou have to get tested if you have symptoms of being sick?

Not that I’m aware of. DH is very active in Hatzolah and he doesn’t know of anyone saying this either.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 4:02 pm
Goldie613 wrote:
Oy! So sorry to hear that you went through this :-(

Have you checked with your doctor or an ENT yet to make sure everything is ok?

I’m not qualified to give medical advice for anyone else but I was told to take anti-inflammatory medication and antihistamines to try and get my sinuses to dry up.

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 4:03 pm
I’m so nervous, I have to get tested in a few weeks before I go to hospital to give birth.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 4:04 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:

It's a law? A rule of what sort? Or a a novel social convention? Halacha mandates that we follow social conventions?

Please please please stop it with hilchos covid.

For some being shomer covid means staying home while sick. For others being shomer covid means testing for every short lived symptom.

Do we need a shulchan aruch for this? lol

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 4:08 pm
trixx wrote:
(bash away)

I tested for a specific reason now but haven’t been tested before. There’s nothing beneficial they can do for a patient with a positive result. I BH don’t have an anxiety issue (not making light of this) and I haven’t had any other medical reason to need to have a definitive result. I’m worried now I’ve caused myself harm.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics