Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Lakewood area obgyn allowing spouse

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 10:40 am
Are there any practices in the area allowing spouses to appointments or at least Ultra sound? I have private insurance if that helps... And I will travel if need be! I hate going alone :-(

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 12:31 pm
No. I had a post op visit at my dr and needed the moral support. I begged over the phone, begged the nurse when I came and when I was finally with the dr almost crying and barely able to answer questions, she said my husband could come in.
I guess cry when you get there and hope they melt lol.
What I did though for my ultrasounds was video call my husband.

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 12:43 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
No. I had a post op visit at my dr and needed the moral support. I begged over the phone, begged the nurse when I came and when I was finally with the dr almost crying and barely able to answer questions, she said my husband could come in.
I guess cry when you get there and hope they melt lol.
What I did though for my ultrasounds was video call my husband.

I didn't cry but begged them to allow my dh in with me for the removal of my staples post csection. Nothing doing. Not allowed. They said eh it doesn't hurt that much.
Btw by the sono I asked if I can please video call dh, especially the one that we were finding out the gender. The technician said it's not allowed.

Tomatoes!

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 1:28 pm
Which practice?

Tomatoes!

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 1:30 pm
I was dying by my last appointment. I have severe hg and my husband was outside. Nothing doing...

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 1:32 pm
Tomatoes! wrote:
Which practice?

RWJ

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 1:32 pm
Tomatoes! wrote:
I was dying by my last appointment. I have severe hg and my husband was outside. Nothing doing...

Crazy. The world has gone Covid insane.

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 4:33 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
RWJ

I guess depends on the dr and situation. I was post emergency surgery and barely could walk normally. As I said, I was also crying and couldn’t answer any questions.
In regard to the the sono, that’s really strange, they told me that’s what they tell everyone to do cuz husbands can’t come. 🤷‍♀️

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 4:49 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
I guess depends on the dr and situation. I was post emergency surgery and barely could walk normally. As I said, I was also crying and couldn’t answer any questions.
In regard to the the sono, that’s really strange, they told me that’s what they tell everyone to do cuz husbands can’t come. 🤷‍♀️

Might depend on whichever technician is doing the sono. Or they got more lenient with time. I had the baby already, so my 20 week sono was quite a few months ago.

Classicookie

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 5:35 pm
[quote="amother [ Mustard ]"
Btw by the sono I asked if I can please video call dh, especially the one that we were finding out the gender. The technician said it's not allowed.[/quote]
That's crazy why in the world not I have been on video calls while my husband took kids to appointments

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 7:51 am
I have been seeing doctors in Manhattan and they just informed me that as of the 26th week my husband could join. He would just need to wait downstairs until I was in a room.

Chaya123

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 2:17 pm
Brielle obgyn 7325286999

Tomatoes!

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 2:19 pm
They allow spouse? What about the practice? Where do they deliver? Were you happy there?

Chaya123

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 2:27 pm
I believe so as long as he doesn't have symptoms. It's an amazing practice, they deliver in Brick and I was thrilled there!

Tomatoes!

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 2:29 pm
Thanks so much! I just called and they are closed for the day. I'm so unhappy at my place I would switch anywhere!

Chaya123

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 2:33 pm
I'm surprised they closed so early. They have Lakewood office at 7329421900 but each can schedule for the other. However, during Corona, they had to lay off their Lakewood staff so were seeing patients only in their Brielle office. Please try them again tomorrow! They're excellent!

Tomatoes!

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 2:35 pm
I called both offices and spoke with the operator. I'll call back tomorrow. I really need moral support by my appointments :-( I really don't advocate for myself well.

Chaya123

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 2:36 pm
They're very gentle and caring, knowledgeable, thorough and experienced. I only have the best recommendations for them. Much hatzlacha and b'shaah tova!

Tomatoes!

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 2:41 pm
Thank you so much!

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 1:10 am
West long branch obgyn 7323679299. Was just there with my husband. They started allowing 1 support person at the end of July.
I have been using them for 10+ years and have been very happy. They have been great throughout my pregnancies, loss and managing other conditions and procedures I have had with them over the yrs.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries