Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Can we stop with the word "uptick" already?
Previous  1  2  3

fleetwood

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 11:12 am
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
If this is STATEWIDE numbers then NYC numbers are even lower and there is indeed no need for this kind of hysteria and panic and Jews are indeed being singled out because of the holidays and daring to open our schools. Thanks for clarifying.

The numbers are not the problem. The percentage are the problem. I may be wrong but I think right now boro park has the highest positivity rate.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 11:15 am
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
This is from the parents themselves but I dont think they went to the media about it. Feel free to reach out to @mlwdesignny who has posted some of it on her stories, perhaps she can put you in touch with people for direct sources.

So there's no reliable source for this.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 11:18 am
The good news is that Brown University released a study today reporting a "very low risk of coronavirus transmission inside K-12 schools".

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 11:19 am
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
I just saw the funniest joke, perhaps there's some truth to it? I think the hysteria that there's an uptick is just putting us in a panic. Yes, we need to be careful and follow regulations. But there's no reason to panic.
"There's an uptick in Covid cases since more people are testing. If more people would take an IQ test, there'd be an uptick in idiots as well".

There is no "hysteria" from the uptick. There is no "panic." There is the good sense of saying that people should recognize that this isn't over, and double down on being careful since numbers appear to be on the rise.

The "hysteria" is from those who are opposed to it.

Amarante

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 11:19 am
SixOfWands wrote:

Actually it's completely wrong - from the site

Youth under age 18 can only be admitted to the hotel if a legal guardian also comes to stay with them.

And children and elderly dependents can stay with those who are in the hotel.

https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/he.....e.pdf

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 11:23 am
SixOfWands wrote:

You can ask mlwdesignny for the sources if you want but if you think the parents are lying then that is on you. However, you would have to have the same standards for yourself when you speak about anything negative that happens to you (which presumably means that you would have to go to the media to be a "reliable" source). Is that the standard that you want to set?

On a different note, Chaim Deutsch is now involved so lets hope that the harassment and abuse stops.

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 11:24 am
Amarante wrote:
Actually it's completely wrong - from the site

Youth under age 18 can only be admitted to the hotel if a legal guardian also comes to stay with them.

And children and elderly dependents can stay with those who are in the hotel.

https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/he.....e.pdf

That is not preventing the contract tracers from asking nor is it preventing the contract tracers from calling multiple times a day which is abuse and harassment. As I said, Chaim Deutsch is now involved so hopefully all of the harassment and abuse will stop.

NotInNJMommy

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 11:30 am
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
That is not preventing the contract tracers from asking nor is it preventing the contract tracers from calling multiple times a day which is abuse and harassment. As I said, Chaim Deutsch is now involved so hopefully all of the harassment and abuse will stop.

When the contact tracers are repeatedly calling is it because their questions aren't be answered or they need more info and their requests are being ignored? Are they asking the same questions over and over again? Are they calling multiple times due to multiple contacts being in one home (ie. multiple kids)?

Are they showing up because their calls aren't being answered or they want to verify folks are quarantining?

I can't imagine they'd be doing more than they need to do since for most of them, it's a collateral duty, to get the information they need to get as part of their job.

imasoftov

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 11:52 am
SixOfWands wrote:

I received a reply about the same account (with the trailing "NY" removed, her website doesn't have those last two letters, her Instagram does) yesterday and did a search for both here, the results might interest you. Since she puts her real name on both, I don't think it's unfair to recommend a look at her personal Facebook account, either.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics