Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Centry21 going out of business - almost 90% off sale

meeze

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 8:23 am
online their store items are drastically reduced, but they are no longer accepting online orders. You could now only shop in store.
I would love to go but I'm wondering if there's anything left by now.
Has anyone been in store lately and can share what the store looks like? Is it jammed pack with almost nothing left? Departments unorganized with clothing?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 8:29 am
I am so sad!! We love that store and the location in Brooklyn.

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 8:31 am
I went to a century 21 because of the closeout sales and there was barely anything in the store, plus most things were only 10% off with a few small things here and there reduced more. Very disappointing

meeze

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 10:12 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
I went to a century 21 because of the closeout sales and there was barely anything in the store, plus most things were only 10% off with a few small things here and there reduced more. Very disappointing

Which store location?
That's interesting cause online their stuff are so reduced in price, it looks tempting!

seeker

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 11:39 am
Thanks for sharing that because I saw this thread title and was kicking myself because I had read in the news about their bankruptcy and thought I should go shopping... and didn't

2xmom

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 11:43 am
My husband went to the store on 86th Street and 4th in Brooklyn on Tuesday.

The houseware department was completely empty as if they took the things to a different store.

The clothing was 10-25% off. He forgot that I need new foundation so he didn't check the makeup department.

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 11:54 am
Store is about 20% off for clothing.
Waiting for their real markdowns to happen although I doubt there will be anything left by then.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 3:56 pm
I was at the 86th street store today.
The cosmetics section barely has anything. They have handbags and perfumes for good prices, but not if you need something in particular, only if you're not picky about brand/style.
Men's socks, dress shirts, belts and ties were great prices. I did not visit the suit section.
Ladies clothes- not too discounted, and small selection. They had some coats on sale, not very discounted but may be worth if you need a coat regardless.
Very limited kids section, nothing that I would pick up. Maybe one or two baby "stretchies".
Housewares is empty. Toy section mostly had toys for kids 6-12 months.
Suitcases are 40% off and flying off the shelf, but there were still about 50 pieces or so when I was there.
I did not go upstairs to the shoes; they had the kids shoes downstairs and it was too much of a mess for me.
Did I forget anything?
I'm still glad I went because I'll miss the store a lot. I think the title of this thread is a bit misleading.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics