Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
AGT 2020 results

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 4:47 pm
Anyone else surprised and disappointed?

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 5:03 pm
Honestly I’m not shocked that Brandon won. He was extremely likeable and people were inspired. But I cannot believe that Broken Roots came in second. How did they make it that far?

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 5:04 pm
Me!!!!!!
But I was also disappointed last year. It’s beginning to feel like it’s all about political correctiveness. Not about talent.

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 5:05 pm
Yes!!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 5:05 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
Honestly I’m not shocked that Brandon won. He was extremely likeable and people were inspired. But I cannot believe that Broken Roots came in second. How did they make it that far?

Who would pay to go watch Leake in Vegas?
Broken Roots I didn’t watch till now. Way too boring. How on earth did they beat the 8 others?
Do you think it was rigged?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 5:06 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
Me!!!!!!
But I was also disappointed last year. It’s beginning to feel like it’s all about political correctiveness. Not about talent.

Remind me who won last year. Too much happened since.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 5:34 pm

Im seriously confused about that as well. Although I love Brandon. He deserves it.

amother
Green

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 5:46 pm
I didn't watch the results show yet because we watch it as a family and my husband and daughter weren't available last night, but I did read that Brandon won.
I actually really liked his work, and I found him super deserving, except for at the finale. I'm happy that it wasn't another singer, and from the non singing act he was best.
Daneliya Tuleshova was SO GOOD but I'm fine if singers go on the voice or something and AGT is for other talents. I don't know how I feel in general about the show being open to international contestants. Bad salsa was AMAZING, but why can't they go to India's got talent?
And regarding Broken Roots, I thought they were only ok in the beginning but they were FANTABULOUS at the finale. I love that country song and they killed it.
Roberta has really good singing talent, I think she gets a little nervous by official performances but when they showed the video of her singing with her dad it was so beautiful.
Last year I was more upset.

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 5:48 pm
It's rigged. Can't understand how we won when there were way better contestants.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 5:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Remind me who won last year. Too much happened since.

Kodi Lee. I wasn’t disappointed.

But I’ll admit they always pick someone with a heartbreaking “story”.

I actually watched a really funny video in YouTube a long time ago. The guy was trying to prove anyone can win as long as he comes with a story. He presented himself as some Chasidish shmeil with a maasah and he made it through 2 rounds before he was found out. It was hilarious and sad.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EdwjEk38Bc0

Last year a 90 year old veteran won BGT. He did not have a good voice and only won because he sang love stories for his dead wife and fought in a war...

SuperWify

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 5:53 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
I didn't watch the results show yet because we watch it as a family and my husband and daughter weren't available last night, but I did read that Brandon won.
I actually really liked his work, and I found him super deserving, except for at the finale. I'm happy that it wasn't another singer, and from the non singing act he was best.
Daneliya Tuleshova was SO GOOD but I'm fine if singers go on the voice or something and AGT is for other talents. I don't know how I feel in general about the show being open to international contestants. Bad salsa was AMAZING, but why can't they go to India's got talent?
And regarding Broken Roots, I thought they were only ok in the beginning but they were FANTABULOUS at the finale. I love that country song and they killed it.
Roberta has really good singing talent, I think she gets a little nervous by official performances but when they showed the video of her singing with her dad it was so beautiful.

Bad salsa won India’s got talent already. Daneliya came from abroad as well so once your sending away bad salad send her away as well.

IMO Broken roots can sing at a local pub. Nothing more.

I absolutely loved Roberta.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 5:55 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Kodi Lee. I wasn’t disappointed.

But I’ll admit they always pick someone with a heartbreaking “story”.

I actually watched a really funny video in YouTube a long time ago. The guy was trying to prove anyone can win as long as he comes with a story. He presented himself as some Chasidish shmeil with a maasah and he made it through 2 rounds before he was found out. It was hilarious and sad.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EdwjEk38Bc0

Last year a 90 year old veteran won BGT. He did not have a good voice and only won because he sang love stories for his dead wife and fought in a war...

Kodi lee was great. I’d pay to watch his work. I’d never pay to listen to a poet. I wonder if these votes are fair or if they are easy to screw up.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 5:56 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Bad salsa won India’s got talent already. Daneliya came from abroad as well so once your sending away bad salad send her away as well.

IMO Broken roots can sing at a local pub. Nothing more.

I absolutely loved Roberta.

Roberta was my favorite too. Her age and personality being strong factors. Of course for talent too. Daniella was more professional though. Both are stars!

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 7:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Who would pay to go watch Leake in Vegas?
Broken Roots I didn’t watch till now. Way too boring. How on earth did they beat the 8 others?
Do you think it was rigged?

My DH was googling this after we found out the results and said that part of the AGT contract is that they can decide who wins if they want (irregardless of the votes.) If that’s true.......

And yeah I hear about the Vegas show-doubt he’ll have one lol

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 7:52 pm
My DH was googling this after we found out the results and said that part of the AGT contract is that they can decide who wins if they want (irregardless of the votes.) If that’s true.......

And yeah I hear about the Vegas show-doubt he’ll have one lol

Simon didn’t care for him so I don’t think it was AGTs doing either. I wonder if one person can’t vote 100 times. Thinking that type of rigged.

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 8:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Simon didn’t care for him so I don’t think it was AGTs doing either. I wonder if one person can’t vote 100 times. Thinking that type of rigged.

Lol who’s Simon? Hasn’t been on the show for months 😝 interesting I didn’t remember that he didn’t like him. Well Each person can vote up to to 10 times per method. How many methods are there? My dH also thought they rigged voting somehow for Broken Roots
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics