Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
How to keep it meaningful ALL day

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 11:15 am
so bH being a mommy to few little kids keeps me at home and I can't go to shul. I daven all the tfilos that I can from home and will say tehillim and take care of my kids. I'm nervous I won't fill all the hours in the day.
what do you do when you're home with little ones?

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 3:51 pm
When one has children to occupy that is their tafkid in life at that time. No need to fill the day up with meaning. THAT IS your meaning for the time being.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 4:43 pm
I'm in bed. Not meaningful at all except doing G-d will

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 4:52 pm
You're already doing better than most of us! I parent from the couch and while I try to only read appropriate YK material, towards the end of the day I just read whatever will take my mind off the way I feel so I can make it to the end of the fast. Davening all the tefilos is way down on my priority list. I just try to get through the fast without blowing up at my children because fasting makes me really cranky.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 9:00 pm
Don’t strive for ALL day or you will disappointed. Find some time to daven and say Tehillim and read inspirational things. (Maybe wake up early, switch with a neighbor ect.) For the rest of the time, be the best mommy you can be under the circumstances.

I promise you your reward will be great.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 10:08 pm
If you want something all day long, find a phrase or something from the tefilla and sing it to yourself even when pouring kids cereal and snuggling with them on the couch.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 25 2020, 11:10 am
thanks all for your responses. while I don't fast very well, it's still yom kippur and we need a good year sooo badly. even if I were in shul praying all day I would still be so scared of the coming year. and at home I can't daven one uninterrupted tefilla. but I'm not looking to make excuses for myself.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur