Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Hatzolah and masks

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 6:18 pm
We definitely have positive covid19 cases in bp, some serious, most mild. Hatzolah has notified the community to be aware.

As a person with vulnerable family members, I can tell you that masks definitely help prevent the spread of infection. I've personally dealt with this for years.

So I'm finding it interesting that I haven't seen a single Hatzolah member out and about in public places with masks. What does it mean?

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 8:07 pm
Monsey Monroe KJ and WB. DH said they all already got it and wound anyway get it on a call if not. In March he had it with a positive test from the doctor. He’s been sick for the past 2 weeks.

youngishbear

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 8:24 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
Monsey Monroe KJ and WB. DH said they all already got it and wound anyway get it on a call if not. In March he had it with a positive test from the doctor. He’s been sick for the past 2 weeks.

With proper PPE and protocols it is possible to avoid infection.

I'm constantly amazed at the black and white thinking.

It's either over and milder and we'll all be fine, or we're anyway doomed to catch it and some will die and it's impossible to fight it.

Can't we at least try?

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 8:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We definitely have positive covid19 cases in bp, some serious, most mild. Hatzolah has notified the community to be aware.

As a person with vulnerable family members, I can tell you that masks definitely help prevent the spread of infection. I've personally dealt with this for years.

So I'm finding it interesting that I haven't seen a single Hatzolah member out and about in public places with masks. What does it mean?

Ha. While Hatzalah suggests masks, members are individuals. I won't tell you what I saw during the height of covid back in April. Men saving lives and then doing risky behavior for themselves among the community.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 8:54 pm
I would have thought that as first responders and the ones at the front line who witnessed what occurred in March, they would wear masks to show the community how serious it is. I'm just surprised

avrahamama

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 8:57 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I would have thought that as first responders and the ones at the front line who witnessed what occurred in March, they would wear masks to show the community how serious it is. I'm just surprised

What are you taking about? In shul? Office? Stores? Parks? Streets?
Maybe the ones you see in the streets dont need masks as they are outdoors. But they will use of indoors.

Odelyah

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 9:09 pm
the founder/head of hatzalah in our community was one of the few people who wore a mask the whole time in yeshiva on RH

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 9:12 pm
avrahamama wrote:
What are you taking about? In shul? Office? Stores? Parks? Streets?
Maybe the ones you see in the streets dont need masks as they are outdoors. But they will use of indoors.

Shuls were locked, bar mitzvahs were at home, and then the first week of April I watched...

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 9:39 pm
I'm talking indoors in shuls, in supermarkets, in pharmacies...in bp, all these places are jampacked and I haven't seen any men with masks, definitely no Hatzolah men. So I'm just wondering. Maybe they dont think it's really serious. Honestly, I dont know what to make of it.

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 10:29 pm
youngishbear wrote:
With proper PPE and protocols it is possible to avoid infection.

I'm constantly amazed at the black and white thinking.

It's either over and milder and we'll all be fine, or we're anyway doomed to catch it and some will die and it's impossible to fight it.

Can't we at least try?

DH thinks like this. He explains that they can’t react to things or they wouldn’t be able to tolerate taking calls for very long. He takes calls mostly every day. I don’t like it so much but I hear.

youngishbear

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 10:44 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
DH thinks like this. He explains that they can’t react to things or they wouldn’t be able to tolerate taking calls for very long. He takes calls mostly every day. I don’t like it so much but I hear.

They can't react to things? Please explain what that means.

Do you mean they can't let themselves feel emotions?

That's very different from taking actions that could reduce spread. Why do they think actions must come with emotion?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics