Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Ateres Seminary (Israel)
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Sep 06 2020, 11:29 am
Thank you! I have a good mild mannered daughter. She is an honor student but isn’t interested in doing an intensive high pressure year of seminary. She wants a laid back school that will help her grow but not give 20 page reports throughout the year. I want her to have fun but also grow. She is shy and more of an introvert. If the girls are wild (partying, pushing boundaries, boys etc) she will not be comfortable and will likely want to leave. She is a rule follower!

She is very interested in ateres and I was as well until I heard more recent info about boys, troubled girls, drugs etc that have me very worried! I know sweet girls who went but I also know a very very troubled girl (who is also extremely sweet).

If anyone knows any other options we should look into I’d appreciate it. We are considered “just plain frum” she goes to super frum schools but we work, are more open minded not yeshivish.
Thanks for your help!

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Sep 06 2020, 11:34 am
I would ask her high school for more options and recommendations.
hatzlocha!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Sep 06 2020, 12:02 pm
The girls I know that went last year are very nice, aidel girls that do none of that.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Sep 06 2020, 12:28 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
The girls I know that went last year are very nice, aidel girls that do none of that.

Thank you! That is reassuring!

amother
Oak

Post Fri, Sep 25 2020, 12:10 am
my daughter was there this past year and had an amazing time until Corona and she is not wild at all

Iymnok

Post Fri, Sep 25 2020, 5:50 am
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
my daughter was there this past year and had an amazing time until Corona and she is not wild at all

With the fire and all! That’s a resilient group.

amother
Oak

Post Fri, Sep 25 2020, 8:49 am
Quote:
With the fire and all! That’s a resilient group.

yes b"h they were a great bunch with the fire and all

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 12:31 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
Thank you! I have a good mild mannered daughter. She is an honor student but isn’t interested in doing an intensive high pressure year of seminary. She wants a laid back school that will help her grow but not give 20 page reports throughout the year. I want her to have fun but also grow. She is shy and more of an introvert. If the girls are wild (partying, pushing boundaries, boys etc) she will not be comfortable and will likely want to leave. She is a rule follower!
!

This is a very good description of me and I loved Ateres. I was there not too long ago, but also not in the past couple of years. So I can't answer about any changes in the past year or two, but the administration is very good at being on top of what is going on. The girls don't usually realize this at the time.
I would want to differentiate between unstable girls and girls from unstable backgrounds. For the former, I don't think that is common in ateres. If girls would acting in a negative way that affected other girls, they would be asked to stop or leave. (depending on what they did.) As for their backgrounds, it's a place that's very accepting of people of different places and families, but they are very strict that all ideas that are taught need to be Emes. (for example, girls are allowed to ask any questions, but if most girls would be "past that" kind of question then they would ask a teacher privately rather than in class.

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 3:14 pm
Where is Ateres seminary located,now for the 2020 year, and where will it be located in 2021?
Specifically, where in Jerusalem?

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 7:54 am
Am considering sending my daughter for the shana bet program. She is completing Rinas this year. Does anyone know anything about this program or the type of girls going?

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 7:45 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
Where is Ateres seminary located,now for the 2020 year, and where will it be located in 2021?
Specifically, where in Jerusalem?

9 Shaul Adler. Off of Haneviim. Not sure what neighborhood that is.

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 3:21 am
I was just in Ateres this morning to pick up a package. Its located in meah shearim. For more details about the campus or location can PM me

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Mar 20 2022, 3:38 pm
What kind of girls did the seminary attract in 2020-2021?

amother
Forsythia

Post Sun, Mar 20 2022, 4:32 pm
I went there many years ago but I can tell you that Rabbi Belsky was very strict about boys and anyone who he suspected had a boyfriend was investigated and kicked out of school.
There were some girls with family issues but no drugs and or boys, or partying in my experience. Early curfew too.

coloredleaves

Post Sun, Mar 20 2022, 4:43 pm
My Daughter went that year. It was primarily a great group of girls! A couple left early on (within the first two months) who had difficulty with the rules and everyone there was a really great group. Her friends (and her as well) were all good girls from bais Yaakov's, a few from more modern backgrounds who wanted to grow and were very wholesome. All her friends were good girls, regular normal levels of tzniyus, rule following, terrific girls. My daughter went because she wanted a warm environment with a bit more of an out of town, warm, sweeter not in town feeling. And that's what she got. She made excellent friends from other states and still learns with some of them on the phone. She also became close to the staff and got to know them better than she would have at a larger school.

amother
Vanilla

Post Sun, Mar 20 2022, 5:39 pm
I just met a bunch and they were more of the sketchy type
Not stating they are all like this but this group def was

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Mar 20 2022, 5:41 pm
amother [ Vanilla ] wrote:
I just met a bunch and they were more of the sketchy type
Not stating they are all like this but this group def was

What year?

coloredleaves

Post Sun, Mar 20 2022, 5:48 pm
My daughter went 2020-2021 and all her friends are nice normal bais Yaakov girls. Not super duper yeshivish but regular middle bais Yaakov. And super nice. None of her friends are remotely sketchy.

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Mar 20 2022, 6:31 pm
coloredleaves wrote:
My daughter went 2020-2021 and all her friends are nice normal bais Yaakov girls. Not super duper yeshivish but regular middle bais Yaakov. And super nice. None of her friends are remotely sketchy.

From which schools?

amother
Vanilla

Post Sun, Mar 20 2022, 6:37 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
What year?

This year
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics