Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Foods that keep blood sugar steady?
Previous  1  2

agreer

Post Fri, Sep 25 2020, 1:58 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
Fat stabilized BG. I’m not sure how that can help the next day though. Breaking the fast is a lot more challenging. Any carbs causes the numbers to skyrocket

But that's easy - just break the fast on low carb foods: eggs, cheese, veggies, etc.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, Sep 25 2020, 2:54 pm
My doctor warned me not to fast, I'm pregnant with gestational diabetes. High carbs are a killer and It also depends if you take insulin or not . It can be dangerous to fast while on insulin. Of course talk to a ruv before you do anything.

I dont know if this was related to the op question , I was just pointing out my side.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, Sep 25 2020, 3:08 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
My doctor warned me not to fast, I'm pregnant with gestational diabetes. High carbs are a killer and It also depends if you take insulin or not . It can be dangerous to fast while on insulin. Of course talk to a ruv before you do anything.

I dont know if this was related to the op question , I was just pointing out my side.

If you take insulin, you need to adjust your meds before fasting. Plenty of diabetics DO fast safely while on insulin.

Not questioning your psak, but letting you know that not every doctor thinks that fasting is that dangerous.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur