Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
NYC COVID testing nightmare
Previous  1  2  3

mommyX2

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 9:05 pm
OP- how are you doing?? I hope you are doing ok!

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 10:42 pm
This is very concerning. I feel like a lot of testers are not well trained. Do they even know the nose anatomy and what they're poking at??? This isn't a strept throat culture where you can clearly see what you're touching.
I had to get tested twice in the last few weeks (because I needed to have a procedure done at the hospital). The 1st time I barely felt a pinch and I'm sure she went deep enough (I felt it).
The second time, at a different place, was quite painful. I had pain inside in a spot I couldn't even reach to try to put counter pressure on for relief. B"h went away after a few hours. But it made me wary of the whole testing thing.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 11:37 pm
Why? ho why in the world did you get tested????? Banging head

Mayflower

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 11:54 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
Why would an asymptomatic person even go for testing??? I hope you're not saying we should all test ourselves daily?

There are lots of reasons. I don't know what the current protocols are in the US, but where I live, you need a negative test before any medical procedure.

Also, if you were in close contact with a confirmed case, you need to stay home for 7 days and then test negative before you're allowed to go back to work/school.

Everyone in my family has been tested (some multiple times) because of this, even though none of us ever showed symptoms.

Op, I hope you are feeling OK, but even if you are, please see a doctor to check things out.

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Sep 25 2020, 12:42 am
Mustard, your comment is so unhelpful. Please do the right thing and delete it.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 25 2020, 6:53 am
OP here. I have been taking the anti inflammatory and antihistamine as instructed. I have an earache still this morning. I plan to go in for an exam. I don’t think I would without reading some of the posts here.

My post wasn’t a debate about testing or not. It was really a cautionary note about testing and the just test comments. I didn’t test for no reason and said that a few times. I have a family member that I need to care for who is in multiple high risk groups. We have been rotating care and it’s my turn.

Boca00

Post Fri, Sep 25 2020, 12:38 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Don't go to the city places. I pass some of them and the people seem bored and incompetent.
Go to Dr. Lapin's urgent care or Asisa urgent care.

Good to know. Thank you.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 25 2020, 2:12 pm
OP here. BH the test result was negative. I still feel worse than I did before the test. My sinuses are inflamed with drainage and painful. I will have to go to the ENT early next week if I’m not better. BH nothing worse.

imasinger

Post Sun, Sep 27 2020, 4:03 am
I was thinking about you on Shabbos. Glad you tested negative, but--

Please see if you can make an ENT appointment today, many places can start that process online.

Refuah shleima!

nchr

Post Sun, Sep 27 2020, 4:20 am
Some people test because it is required by their employer to test regularly (ie every 2 weeks), others before a medical procedure or prior to visiting an elderly relative, some after returning from a hotspot or having had an exposure, etc.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 3:59 pm
I went for a test because DH was sick & if I had it I could stop being so careful around him... it was negative. But I had a burst blood vessel in my eye the next morning. And I believe it was a PA doing the test.

I later tested for antibodies (also negative) and I hope I am done with testing.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics