Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
How to do teshuva

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 25 2020, 4:11 pm
I always grew up hearing that I should be doing teshuva but never any practical ways to do it. I am human and do hundreds if not thousands of sins throughout the year. I have no clue. Ami supposed to go through the al cheit and try to think what applies and feel bad (charata) day our loud what I did (vidui) and vow to best of my ability not to do it again (azivas hacheit). Not really sure what to do

amother
Linen

Post Fri, Sep 25 2020, 7:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I always grew up hearing that I should be doing teshuva but never any practical ways to do it. I am human and do hundreds if not thousands of sins throughout the year. I have no clue. Ami supposed to go through the al cheit and try to think what applies and feel bad (charata) day our loud what I did (vidui) and vow to best of my ability not to do it again (azivas hacheit). Not really sure what to do

You hit on all three important points! Saying what you did out loud, feeling bad about it, and resolving to do better, if not to never do it again.

This is a great little document I found:
http://nleresources.com/wp-con.....n.pdf

It helps really put our viddui into common issues we all deal with.

Someone once explained to me that real charata is the feeling that you feel when you forget your wallet in the cab after it dropped you off at the airport. That awful sinking feeling, that terrible remorse and feelings of anger at yourself. The ways you tell yourself you should handle next time so that it doesn't happen again. It's just like that. I do feel that way sometimes - the times I lose my cool with my kids. The times I put my foot in my mouth and say stupid things and I regret saying them. We all have these moments. The trick is to move forward so that we avoid doing them again, or at least doing them so badly.

amother
Indigo

Post Sat, Sep 26 2020, 8:02 pm
Sara Shaindel Goldwasser has a brilliant shiur about how to do Teshuva and it's a really refreshing positive approach. Below is the link.
Hatzlacha!
https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/sh.....sAxCB
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur