Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Where do new mothers in need get their baby clothes?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 27 2020, 1:25 am
I would like to know where new mothers in need get their baby clothes. Someone is starting a baby gemach for poor new mothers in my community. I was asked to buy a few items for the gemach, stretchies, blankets, diapers, etc. I didn't mind doing it. I couldn't buy everything on the list, though. How does it work in other communities?

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Sep 27 2020, 1:35 am
I get hand-me-downs. Free, pre-selected, and I don't have to feel bad if/when they get ruined.

But I will admit that the few brand new items I got for newborns made me feel good.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Sep 27 2020, 1:38 am
There is a gemach in BP and Flatbush. They give a beautiful package. You can call
Them and ask for
Tips.

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Sep 27 2020, 1:39 am
flowerpower wrote:
There is a gemach in BP and Flatbush. They give a beautiful package. You can call
Them and ask for
Tips.

Do you have their contact info?

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Sep 27 2020, 1:40 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I would like to know where new mothers in need get their baby clothes. Someone is starting a baby gemach for poor new mothers in my community. I was asked to buy a few items for the gemach, stretchies, blankets, diapers, etc. I didn't mind doing it. I couldn't buy everything on the list, though. How does it work in other communities?

Amazon for diapers. Carters is having a blowout sale now for stretchies, hats, onesies etc

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Sep 27 2020, 8:11 am
OOT people use consignment shops to get clothing for very cheap. OP, if you’re from the perspective that poor means people shouldn’t have more children know that not everyone is. Gemachs are often started because of a confidential need and with the support of rabbonim. Participate only as you’re comfortable.

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Sep 27 2020, 8:13 am
Goodwill

happyone

Post Sun, Sep 27 2020, 8:28 am
pm me. I'd like to help you. what's on your list to purchase? What is the gmach still missing? maybe some of us here can direct order and ship to the gmach if you want to share the address .

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Sep 27 2020, 8:58 am
I had good luck with blankets from Target and Cookies.
I find pampers cheapest at Jet.com or Target.com.
I don't shop Carters as I find their stuff are made cheap & look cheap, and I can find at Children's Place and sometimes H&M better things with comparable pricing.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Sep 27 2020, 10:02 am
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
Do you have their contact info?

BP Layette Gemach
718-431-9158

Flatbush Layette Gemach
718-377-2962
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics