Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Why was TAG closed and not other community schools?
Previous  1  2

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Sep 27 2020, 5:36 am
chestnut wrote:
How many cases did they have?
I'm a little confused why TAG says they were shut down because of the community. Did they only have 1 case and got shut down? Isn't the rule for closing the school is 2 positive cases in different classes?

Tag had more than 1 case. I know of 2, so nyc shut them down.

gold21

Post Sun, Sep 27 2020, 9:09 am
chestnut wrote:
How many cases did they have?
I'm a little confused why TAG says they were shut down because of the community. Did they only have 1 case and got shut down? Isn't the rule for closing the school is 2 positive cases in different classes?

That's the rule for public schools.

Private schools were not given clear guidelines. It was suggested that if they follow covid safety guidelines, they would be allowed to remain open. That is why they spent tremendous amounts of their own money getting their schools up to DOH safety standards.

Private schools are not subject to the exact same rules that public schools are- they're private entities. Or are they? Confused Not in DeBlasio's NYC, I guess.

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Sep 27 2020, 10:14 am
gold21 wrote:
In terms of DOH compliance, I believe it is mandated to keep the handful of unvaxxed children out of school during a community measles outbreak.

It is not mandated to shutter entire schools of 2K+ students during a community covid outbreak.

I am not entirely familiar with the exact rules, but I believe this to be the case.

If you're interested in the details of the lawsuit, you can check up the lawyer Michael Sussman on Facebook. He posted the whole argument on his page. The point is that the law allows for their exclusion during a school outbreak, not community outbreak and regardles, they argue that it's not their community.

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Sep 27 2020, 10:37 am
This is the way of an unfair world.
You try being good and all you get is closures of schools.
You don’t test, you don’t report, you don’t wear masks( wearing it as a necklace is not counted)
You don’t sd, your good to go.
Both are very big schools.

mra01385

Post Sun, Sep 27 2020, 10:58 am
The reason why Darchei can hopefully open this week Is because they were already closed for a two week quarantine. Tuesday night will be 14 days that they are closed.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics