Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Seasonal flu shots this year
Previous  1  2

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Sep 27 2020, 9:17 am
I BH never had the flu and never took the shot so why should I take it?

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Sep 27 2020, 9:51 am
I had the vaccine early this year, about a month ago. This week the experts said the ideal time to get it is in October, to make sure immunity doesn't wear off. I had never heard that before. In the olden days before CVS and all the other pharmacies could give the shots, it was a big hassle to get an appointment with the pediatrician for the kids and for the regular doc for the adults. I also liked to do it early so I knew my college aged kids had gotten their shots rather than having to remind them to do it while settling into school.

As you see, I am a pro-vaxxer, for everything but HPV, which I left up to the kids to decide for themselves as it was (is?) fairly new and still had a lot of mixed press.

out-of-towner

Post Sun, Sep 27 2020, 9:57 am
My friend who is a doctor did a study that showed that people who got the flu shot may have had fewer effects when they got Covid, so I got it and gave it to my kids early (it was recommended by their ped as well). Trying to nudge my husband to get it as well.

NotInNJMommy

Post Sun, Sep 27 2020, 10:09 am
The local advice I’ve received OOT which matches that I heard from Rabbi Dr Glatt was unlike other years where waiting until mid October or November to get it was preferable to maintain whatever immunity through the season, this year it’s been recommended for everyone to get it ASAP. My kids already got it before RH. I plan to get it sometime in October through my employer like I usually do or possibly through my own doctors office. Insurance generally covers flu shots 6 months and up yearly at 100% in the US. (If I get it through my employer, my insurance isn’t billed at all and it’s given as a free benefit)

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Sep 27 2020, 10:15 am
I never give the flu shot but did this year bec of COVID and expecting a newborn soon.

To the poster who writes that she used to be pro vax but now won’t give it .. who are you standing up to exactly? I mean, either you are pro giving it or not and that’s your decision to make, but I hope you make the decision based on what’s best for your family and not just to give the govt the middle finger.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics