Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Florida is reopened - should frum communities relocate?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Sep 27 2020, 4:22 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
Well considering they had zero positive cases yesterday.... im not sure what you're referring to.

I'm not sure what you're referring to. Where did you hear that FL has zero positive cases? Almost 2k cases were reported today

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Sep 27 2020, 4:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Why have Jews settled in such expensive places? Why not go to areas with lower taxes and cheaper real estate? Miami is super expensive, but Tampa not so much. Texas has a much lower cost of living. Big beautiful homes, huge yards, etc.

If a large amount of Jews settle in a new place, real estate will eventually go up. For example, I live in Cleveland. While the prices here are MUCH cheaper than the tri-state area, the market here has been shooting up as more people move here. It’s all about supply and demand.

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Sep 27 2020, 4:27 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
I'm not sure what you're referring to. Where did you hear that FL has zero positive cases? Almost 2k cases were reported today

Thank you. I was mistaken. I thought I read they had zero cases but unfortunately this is not the case.

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Sep 27 2020, 4:35 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Before you go and drop an entire community into a city that doesn’t have Jews, please remember Lakewood. The people here hate Jews- because everyone rushed from NY to move here and took over the city. The anti-semitism is so distasteful. Be prepared for everyone there to hate you. I’m not kidding.

Really? They hate us because they are antisemites, they are horrible people. Don't find excuses for their hate. Anyone can move anywhere in america they don't have more of a right to live in lakewood than jews do.

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Sep 27 2020, 4:48 pm
Great point indigo

if someone is not sure whether its antisemitism simply insert any other minority and see how it plays

like: " the so and sos are moving in taking over the neighborhood and..." or "those so and sos are doing such and such" or " the so and sos have to do better it is our fault they don't want us here..."

Wishing everyone health and happiness in every way everywhere!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 27 2020, 4:50 pm
So maybe Florida would only be suitable for Jews who aren't in Medicaid and don't rely on state funded education or social services.

Still, that is a significant number of people who could benefit from the lower home prices, taxes, etc.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Sep 27 2020, 4:54 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:

I personally know of several new cases in the frum community. My son's school was closed because several students and rebbeim tested positive.
Signed, an Ima in Miami

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Sep 27 2020, 4:56 pm
Federal programs such as insurance for older people is federal not state dependent.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 27 2020, 5:01 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
Federal programs such as insurance for older people is federal not state dependent.

Yes, that's why older people don't have issues living there, but other moms here are saying that lots of families depend on state benefits, which are more plentiful in NY and not as available in FL. However those families not depending on state services because they have private insurance or their kids don't require state assistance won't be limited by the lack of those services.

zaq

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 1:00 am
Why relocate? Because of COVID? It can resurge anywhere. Anti-semitism? No place is immune. If you want to relocate, make Aliyah.

happyone

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 1:32 am
I would move to Florida in a heartbeat nothing to do with Covid. Quality of life, Sun, income and property tax etc... The only reason I'm not there yet is schooling for my children, and our jobs.
Signed. A high income and property tax payer.

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 1:48 am
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Before you go and drop an entire community into a city that doesn’t have Jews, please remember Lakewood. The people here hate Jews- because everyone rushed from NY to move here and took over the city. The anti-semitism is so distasteful. Be prepared for everyone there to hate you. I’m not kidding.

The redneck anti semites in Lakewood can cry me a river. Seriously. No one gives a flying you know what that they hate the Jews. Let them whine all the way to bank when they sell their 2 bedroom clapboard dump to a frum family for 500k.

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 2:11 am
zaq wrote:
Why relocate? Because of COVID? It can resurge anywhere. Anti-semitism? No place is immune. If you want to relocate, make Aliyah.

This!
If you are moving, move to Israel.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 2:27 am
The last thing we need in Florida is another wave of people who come from high covid areas and assume they'd be immune. Please if you have a high chance of getting covid, quarantine yourself and practice social distancing. Take the test, it's free!
-signed a frum Floridian

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 2:28 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Maybe it's time to make Miami the Jewish capital of America? Florida politicians and government agencies seem to be more in line with the thinking of many frum communities in NY/NJ.

Maybe its time to migrate south? So many from NY escaped to Orlando, Boca, Hollywood, and Miami anyway during this pandemic. Maybe lets make it permanent?

Very good idea!

DrMom

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 3:13 am
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
The redneck anti semites in Lakewood can cry me a river. Seriously. No one gives a flying you know what that they hate the Jews. Let them whine all the way to bank when they sell their 2 bedroom clapboard dump to a frum family for 500k.

Yuck.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 3:15 am
Plague also people moved. Don't.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 3:55 am
DrMom wrote:
Yuck.

Why?

Ruchel

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 4:10 am
People can hate you in already formed communities.If you have children don't move somewhere without insurance/social security unless you're wealthy

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 7:24 am
Don't forget jacksonville, florida. Great weather, and florida has school vouchers.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics