Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Gerer Rebbe: Dont make a Chilul Hashem, follow rules.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 27 2020, 5:18 pm
https://boropark24.com/news/ge.....ealth

In a call to Reb Shloime Werdyger, the Gerrer Rebbe, Shlita, expressed concern over an update on the uptick in COVID-19 cases in New York and wanted to know how the Yeshivas and community are dealing with it.

The Rebbe asked to relay a message to all Gerrer Chasidim to make a Kiddush Hashem and follow rules from the Askanim in order to avoid another lockdown of Yeshivas, Shuls, and non-essential businesses. It is integral to the community's health, parnassa, and welfare to protect from more spreading.

The call ended with the Rebbe Shlita wishing a Gmar Chasima Tova and a Git Yuhr filled with health.

Listen to the recording from Reb Shloime Werdyger. (in link above)

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Sep 28 2020, 1:43 pm
This is after more than 500 bochrim who davened together at Ger in Yerushalayim on Rosh HaShana have all tested positive.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Sep 28 2020, 1:50 pm
7 months into the pandemic, I find it hard to believe that anyone needs to be educated about this subject.

The people who choose to follow the rules are already doing it.

The people who don't care about the rules won't listen anyway, because their minds are already made up.

Elfrida

Post Mon, Sep 28 2020, 1:58 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
7 months into the pandemic, I find it hard to believe that anyone needs to be educated about this subject.

The people who don't care about the rules won't listen anyway, because their minds are already made up.

That's not fair. Everyone can do teshuva. Tbe Rebbe's comments indicate that he does realize that the earlier attitude was not appropriate, and he is trying to change things.

WitchKitty

Post Mon, Sep 28 2020, 3:39 pm
Elfrida wrote:
That's not fair. Everyone can do teshuva. Tbe Rebbe's comments indicate that he does realize that the earlier attitude was not appropriate, and he is trying to change things.

I think he realizes what they tried to do on Rosh Hashana was a mistake.
But in general he did follow all the rules until then.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Sep 28 2020, 4:53 pm
1) I have Werdiger cousins
2) I could cite charedi rabbis stricter than authorities

Momof14

Post Mon, Sep 28 2020, 9:28 pm
In Eretz Yisrael the Gerrer Chassidim are super careful to wear masks and follow the rules. The infections happened in capsulot when groups of bachurim were isolating together in yeshiva .such infections are unfortunately almost unavoidable even when the strictest measures are implemented and they were.
Let's hope the zchus of our davening and fasting Yom Kippur will remove this awful scourge from the world!

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 12:18 am
FranticFrummie wrote:

People are frustrated and not thinking calmly. Anytime a choshuv rav wants to encourage me or give me reproach I hope I hear it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics