Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Any pareve or CY weight gainer or protein shakes

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 10:51 pm
Any pareve or CY weight gainer or protein shakes? If not I will ask my Rabbi if my son can use a dairy one. Thanks

sarahmalka

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 11:27 pm
Orgain makes a pareve protein powder, OU. It's pea-protein based. Comes in two flavors. I've seen it at Costco, Target.
I think there's also a hemp protein powder that is OU certified, or at least used to be. Check in health food stores. That brand was either Nutiva or Manitoba harvest, or maybe nature's way.

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 11:33 pm
Maxi Health has pareve protein powders that he can have in addition to the usual meals. Add avocado or peanut butter for added fats.

sym123

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 12:05 am
Kate farms https://www.katefarms.com/

lauful

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 12:49 am
Supreme Health in Lakewood has something.

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 12:53 am
Nature's Twig protein powder is CY. It's available on Amazon.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 6:44 am
Wow interesting. The Katie’s Farm ones are especially interesting because they are in those little packages and don’t need to be mixed. Plus he had friends that drink similar and they all have ensure or something similar in those packages. Thanks!

Sunny Days

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 9:57 am
Op which did you end up trying?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 10:06 am
Glad I am still “following” this topic! Katie’s Farm. Expensive but got the job done.

Sunny Days

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 10:12 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Glad I am still “following” this topic! Katie’s Farm. Expensive but got the job done.

Still using it? We may have extra that we can share. Insurance covers it btw

Trying to switch over to orgain* or something else that’s lower in carbs & has no sugar- if anyone has any suggestions. Preferably dairy free & ready to drink. I know it probably doesn’t exist though...

*bought the powder & mixed with almond milk. So far she drank one sip & was all done...

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 10:15 am
BH my son started gaining and is eating more so we don’t need it. Amazing about insurance covering it. All the best.

Goldengrl327

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 8:04 am
gamzehyaavor wrote:
Still using it? We may have extra that we can share. Insurance covers it btw

Trying to switch over to orgain* or something else that’s lower in carbs & has no sugar- if anyone has any suggestions. Preferably dairy free & ready to drink. I know it probably doesn’t exist though...

*bought the powder & mixed with almond milk. So far she drank one sip & was all done...

I’m looking into some kind of shakes for my son as well (16 and underweight). How does insurance cover it?

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Sep 28 2020, 10:58 pm
b94race wrote:
I’m looking into some kind of shakes for my son as well (16 and underweight). How does insurance cover it?

Talking about the Kate farms? They used to cover only for tube feeding but I recently heard from nutritionist that it’s being covered for non tube feeding too. Guess depends on insurance too.
You’ll probably need a letter from your doctor. Ari at Elm pharmacy (Brooklyn) is super nice. Give him a call to see if your insurance will cover.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children