Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
I wish she could see how beautiful she is
Previous  1  2

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Sep 28 2020, 3:24 pm
I understand her... on the "fat" part and on the part about breasts growing...

She has to adapt the image she has of her body to the reality of her body, and this is hard when the body changes....

It might be even harder when she is one of the first in her peer group to experience this...

So if for a while she prefers clothes that hide her body, I would let her...

It looks as if you were very esthetics oriented, maybe that plays a role too...

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Sep 28 2020, 4:33 pm
My 9 1/2 year old is going through this. I'm not sure if anyone else in her class is developing at the same rate, especially as they have been learning on zoom a while. It's hard. I even sewed her a beautiful dress and she refused to wear it because suddenly the bodice was showing her development too clearly. I have to see if I can put some kind of flap that obscures the area, maybe a second layer on top that is baggier. We bought a bunch of soft bralettes with round inserts. She was very adamant on the inserts as it covers pointy nipples that she was embarrassed about. Now she says it's the pointiness that she doesn't like people seeing and she's okay with the growing size of her chest.

I feel her uncomfortableness with the growing ahead of her peers. I felt it too. I wasn't as close to my mother though and it is really nice for my daughter to be more close with me and be able to tell me her feelings. I shop carefully with her and try to get her special accessories especially if finding clothes is difficult now. Let her feel pretty as possible.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Sep 28 2020, 4:47 pm
I loved my curves exc in the street. Never had a comment from Jews. My daughter still doesn't have a bra because she doesn't know if she wants one. I told her to tell me. I don't care and no one at school (adults at least?) discusses G6D GIVEN figures. It's only online that I hear of pointy

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Sep 28 2020, 7:51 pm
Dunno if it makes u feel better. My 11.5 year old daughter wears a proper bra . She is quit big on top for her age . shes also not fat . Just bit big for her age .
I'm happy it doesnt bother her and she is very comfortable going bra shopping
I do buy loose fitted dresses which make her look slightly flatter
I spend more on her clothing than I do on myself cos I want her to feel good with herself

baltomom

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 12:28 am
OP, sounds like you're doing a great job! It's very common for girls that age/stage to be self conscious about their shape. I've noticed that in my DD's school, all the 5th and 6th graders (maybe 7th too?) wear a sweatshirt on top of their uniform shirt every single day--even when it's 90 degrees outside! IyH in a couple of years she will outgrow this phase and feel comfortable with herself.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics