Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Who’s keeping their kids home today ?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 8:22 am
I am. In Brooklyn the schools are still operating under June / July circumstances. There is zero real time adjustments.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 8:27 am
Our school is closed until after succos to avoid a lockdown. Because even though they are careful in school, they realize people aren't being careful with crowds, gatherings and davening.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 8:46 am
Yes. My dd has school today and tomorrow and I am keeping her home. Don't want to be in quarantine over yom tov. Let's see what's going on after sukkos.

amother
Amber

I wish. I kept them home Friday but today I need to work.

Plus there is fear of closure induced mask enforcement, at least externally.

My big dilemma will be after succos

amother
Babyblue

My kids are home because I have coronavirus Confused

rivkam

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 8:50 am
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:

May you have a refuah shaleima and an easy time with the family quarantining. It's so tough!

Aylat

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 8:56 am
All schools closed here til after Succot. 5 kids doing distance learning plus me working from home divided by one computer and one smartphone = conflict and lots of late nights for me.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 8:59 am
I am.

One of the schools sent a text last night that if a family member is ill AND TESTS, the children must stay home until the result comes in. In other words, if the ill person doesn't test it's no problem to send the kids because they're just doing this to comply with public health standards, not because they actually care about not spreading a potentially fatal disease. Banging head

We kept the children in that school home since Rosh Hashana since we already knew their attitude. 1 child is in a different school with higher safety standards so we sent him last week but, since our town is full of corona now, we're keeping him home too.

We have a high risk family member.

DrMom

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 9:02 am
Lockdown. Everybody's home, except for DH who is a medical professional who cannot work from home.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 9:06 am
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:

Me too and dh.

Edit- kids are home obviously

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 9:11 am
I will not keep the kids home as long as a yellow bus comes by to get them. Unless if someone in the family would be sick chv.

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 9:25 am
I live in KJ and have decided to keep my kids home even though we BH do not have the virus. Many kids are absent now anyways due to parents being positive. In fact my girls principal and all of her kids were absent for around 2 weeks.

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 9:32 am
I sent the kids who have school to school. One of my kids has been home since a kid tested positive and I'd going back tomorrow. He is doing conference calls. I am going away for succos even with all this going on and I will see what to do after succos. My gut feeling is most school will be remote for two weeks after Yom tov.

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 2:18 pm
Like Orchid, I'm keeping my kids home today because I see that the school is not enforcing their stated protocols about masking and distancing, and with the current outbreak over the last week in our town, it's just not safe in school. It's especially important for our family because my husband has high-risk factors.

Unfortunately, the school is not so forthright about what's really going on inside. It seems that, if schools aren't going to enforce what they said they were going to, they really must communicate that to their parents so we can make some informed decision about whether to send. I would never know the kids aren't wearing masks except that my kids are able to let me know. What if they were too young or innocent to say anything?

To flaunt the rules and put everyone at risk is bad enough, but to SAY you're protecting kids and families with certain measures but not do it is actively and knowingly putting people's lives at risk.

mha3484

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 2:25 pm
My 5 year olds rebbe tested positive last week so his class is supposed to be under quarantine until C"HM sukkos. Later that day, the school decided that its best to just have sukkos vaction early and they cancelled the two days of school after Yom Kippur. I really hope that this is a wakeup call to some of our community who started to get a little too lax on social distancing and masks. My husband said there were more masks at the shul he davened at on YK then there were on RH so I hope it was worthwhile.

little neshamala

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 2:30 pm
Im keeping my kids home. Live in monsey. WAY too many cases going around and we need to minimize the spread....
I think they need to close schools for 2 weeks after sukkos. I dont see another way

keym

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 2:33 pm
little neshamala wrote:
Im keeping my kids home. Live in monsey. WAY too many cases going around and we need to minimize the spread....
I think they need to close schools for 2 weeks after sukkos. I dont see another way

Closing the schools only works if stores, businesses, and shuls get super-makpid on masks and kids don't play outside.
Otherwise closing the schools is useless.

Lydia

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 2:37 pm
Keym, that's exactly what everyone should be doing all the time.

That's what it means: mask and social distancing.

Kids can play outside, just not right on top of each other, and preferably with masks if they're close together.

keym

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 2:42 pm
Lydia wrote:
Keym, that's exactly what everyone should be doing all the time.

That's what it means: mask and social distancing.

Kids can play outside, just not right on top of each other, and preferably with masks if they're close together.

I'm not discussing Should've or should be.

I'm discussing Reality. What actually is happening in the Real World.

And reality id like to know a practical reason to close schools for 2 weeks after Sukkos if SD is not going to happen.
The virus will still spread, just elsewhere not in school AND our kids education and our parnassa opportunities will get worse.

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 2:57 pm
little neshamala wrote:

I think this is reasonable, especially there are still some people flying for sukkos, and not planning to keep their kids home after Sad

Unfortunately, I'm scared that when they do close it will be for a lot more than 2 weeks.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics