Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
What is the pay and demand like?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 27 2020, 9:10 am
Asking for someone else. She wants to know what the pay and demand is like these days for the following jobs in Lakewood. (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE leave any personal feelings out of the discussion.)

1. Teaching in girls high schools - how much is the pay per period? Do you/the people you know who make that amount per period teach Limudei Kodesh or Limudei Chol? Is the field flooded?

2. Tutoring in girls high schools (NOT tutoring at night) - same questions as above.

3. Running a morning playgroup - how much do you charge per child and how many children do you take, do you have an assistant, etc. Is the field flooded?

4. Running an afternoon playgroup - same questions as above.

Thank you in advance for your quick responses! Smile

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 8:12 am
Bump

amother
Green

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 8:20 am
PLaygroup it is very dependent on area and ages.
older neighborhoods have less demand younger neighborhoods have tons. Also ages. Some areas are flooded with one age and may be missing a different age. Typically moras charge $260-300 for morning hours. $375-400 for extended hours to 3:15. Extended hours - early start late stop also charge more. More affluent areas do pay slightly more. Afternoon hours can take more. Morahs take a lot of kids. They take assistant based on number of kids and ages.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 9:51 am
Thanks

Anyone have information about teaching & tutoring in girls high schools also?

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:05 am
What is your skill set and what are you qualified to do?
Do you have a teaching degree or license? Do you have a great ability to understand and explain math? Do you love babies and have a super snuggly nature? Are you an early morning person who is perky at 6:30 am and crashes by 3 or a person who is sleepy in the morning but great at 4 pm?

You should be looking for a job based on your skill set and qualifications, not on the pay.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:19 am
As I said at the start, I am asking for someone else. But the reason she cares about the pay and demand for all of these jobs is because she has the experience and qualifications for each of them and enjoys each of them. So her decision about which one to pursue when moving to Lakewood is going to be at least partially based on the pay and demand.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:37 am
Ok this is a hard question to answer for me. As I've not had many jobs here. And I don't know the pay for each job.

Lakewood is the hub of finding jobs. That saying some fields pay better and some not as much. Most women work here and that is one of the reasons to having so much availability.

It's hard to give u info over the internet u need to live here to get acquainted and see what job u want. It won't be the same as u actually living here as giving over info.

Decisions can't be made based on imamother.

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:42 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
As I said at the start, I am asking for someone else. But the reason she cares about the pay and demand for all of these jobs is because she has the experience and qualifications for each of them and enjoys each of them. So her decision about which one to pursue when moving to Lakewood is going to be at least partially based on the pay and demand.

I was trying to be helpful, clearly I wasn't and you got snippy. I will try not to respond to your posts in the future.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:49 am
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
I was trying to be helpful, clearly I wasn't and you got snippy. I will try not to respond to your posts in the future.

Wasn't trying to be snippy Sad - I was just clarifying that I wasn't asking for myself. You are correct though that there was no real need for me to clarify that - it doesn't actually make a difference who I'm asking for. I'm sorry I came across the wrong way.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:55 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
It's hard to give u info over the internet u need to live here to get acquainted and see what job u want. It won't be the same as u actually living here as giving over info.

Decisions can't be made based on imamother.

True.

The person I'm asking for has been having trouble finding out real numbers because she doesn't know a lot of people in these fields in Lakewood, so I agreed to post on Imamother to see if anyone on here has any information. You are right that she definitely shouldn't make any final decisions based on a few responses from anonymous women online. Smile

Notsobusy

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:59 am
I would imagine you wont find a lot of Lakewood teachers on Imamother, so you probably wont find those answers here.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 11:08 am
Notsobusy wrote:
I would imagine you wont find a lot of Lakewood teachers on Imamother, so you probably wont find those answers here.

Oh well. It was worth a try. Smile

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 1:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Let her send in applications and see what sort of interviews and offers she gets. My impression based on lots of threads here is that in Lakewood the pay isn't necessarily on a scale. Like, men get a certain pay, married women another, and single women a different one.
I think playgroup fees are pretty standard though. Just depends on your profit margin.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 1:42 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
My impression based on lots of threads here is that in Lakewood the pay isn't necessarily on a scale. Like, men get a certain pay, married women another, and single women a different one.
I think playgroup fees are pretty standard though. Just depends on your profit margin.

Will let her know. Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics