Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Would you test for possible exposure but no symptoms?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:13 am
If the person doesn't have to isolate (not within 6 feet for 15 minutes) but many people in his shul have it
He feels fine BH we're just nervous bc of YT

amother
Red

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:15 am
Please don't test, it's not necessary. Just wear a mask at all times.

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:16 am
amother [ Red ] wrote:
Please don't test, it's not necessary. Just wear a mask at all times.

Which they should be Doing anyway

NotInNJMommy

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:19 am
If the possible exposure hit the threshold for quarantine, cvs, we would quarantine. If my employer or my kids' school required a negative test at the end of quarantine to return to school, we would do so.

In your case, where it's not required to quarantine it sounds like, I think it depends on what you intend to do over YT. Do you intend to not socially distance? Do you intend to be around at risk people? Sounds like it would be smart to be strict on SD, etc. but not necessarily test if no symptoms.

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:40 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If the person doesn't have to isolate (not within 6 feet for 15 minutes) but many people in his shul have it
He feels fine BH we're just nervous bc of YT

DH tested in that case only because we were going to see his parents a week afterwards (unavoidable and not postponable) and he wanted to be completely sure it was ok. In his case, there was someone who davened in his minyan on Shabbos who tested positive the next day, but DH was never within 6 feet of the man plus everyone was B"H wearing masks. DH therefore didn't meet the threshold for quarantine but tested out of abundance of caution even though we were all wearing masks when we saw his parents a week later anyway. B"H and unsurprisingly DH tested negative.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics