Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do you feel a little weird now?

PeanutMama

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 8:22 am
After the big fast day of Yom Kippur?

I feel like my stomach is in knots and I somehow feel a bit short on breath.
Definitely should just make chicken soup next time as I heard it’s easy on the stomach.
🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢

grateful2bmom

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 9:47 am
I find the day after is always hard! You need to rehydrate (think electrolytes in addition to water).
Hatzlacha!!

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 9:55 am
Sorry you're feeling queasy. B"H the only weird feeling is that I didn't go to shul and didn't have the usual uplift from the exultant out-loud triple Baruch Shem Kevod..., the septuple Hashem Hu haElokim, the kaddish in the lively traditional niggun, and the climactic shofar blast. At home, YK just...petered out. but, hey, there's already another YT to prepare for so no time to mope.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:02 am
I've been feeling like I'm drunk, off balance, and fuzzy thinking. It is not a great feeling.

I had a big protein meal, ate a lot of fruit, and drank tons of water. Slept 12 hours straight, and I'm only now getting back to myself.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:04 am
The day after is harder for me than the actual fast. I’m wayyyyyy exhausted and dehydrated and nauseous. I had an awful headache this morning, but too bad because I had to get up early to get my kids up and ready for school. Then I had to go to work. And I just feel uch and hungover and I need a nap and a coffee and a Tylenol.

Stars

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:04 am
Yes. I fast fine but I always feel terrible the next day.

silverlining3

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:15 am
Very many don't feel their best a day after a fast. Drink a lot and take it easy.

Chickensoupprof

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:17 am
I'm exhausted, I've eaten crisps a lot for salt and drunk a lot of tea getting feeling better now. Also eating fruit don't take it hard on your self you've fasted 25h!

PeanutMama

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:21 am
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
Sorry you're feeling queasy. B"H the only weird feeling is that I didn't go to shul and didn't have the usual uplift from the exultant out-loud triple Baruch Shem Kevod..., the septuple Hashem Hu haElokim, the kaddish in the lively traditional niggun, and the climactic shofar blast. At home, YK just...petered out. but, hey, there's already another YT to prepare for so no time to mope.

Same here. I miss Yom Kippur shul so much.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 11:33 am
For our after YK seuda, I had some challah, chicken soup, potato Kugel and a canned peach.
Really fruit and water are best first. Heavy foods should wait or just forgo them. I didn’t eat the chicken.

WitchKitty

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 11:39 am
Funny, this was the first year I feel great after the fast. It's probably the chicken soup...

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 11:45 am
Totally normal to feel like this post fast. On the fast day your body is using up all thr stored energy. The next day your body is depleted. Used to take me up to 2-3 weeks to get back to myself post fast. Not anymore.

I'm going to go anon for this as I give everyone this advice and I dont want to out my username. Lol.

A neighbor once recommended a vitamin and since I started taking it (amd convinced dh too) I fast easy amd barely feel "off" the next day.
Its a concentrated liquid trace minerals supplement called "Oligo" from the company "Tahua".

I take a capful 3x a day around 3-5 days before the fast and continue taking it once a day for a few days post fast.
No more
Headaches
Nausea
Lightheadedness
Weakness
Durring fast, after breaking the fast, or thr next day.
I sleep well the night after fast and wake up normally refreshed the next morning.
It is THAT amazing.
I have a nursing baby and I felt post fast better than ever before.

Go ahead, try it next time and let me know how much it helped you!

ExtraCredit

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 1:00 pm
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
After the big fast day of Yom Kippur?

I feel like my stomach is in knots and I somehow feel a bit short on breath.
Definitely should just make chicken soup next time as I heard it’s easy on the stomach.
🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢

I sure do feel weird. Brain fog, stomach fog combined.

Java

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 1:03 pm
Yep but I am a little weird so no surprises there

mamma llama

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 1:10 pm
I always feel floaty after fasts, like I'm one of those car wash "waving balloon thingies"... I think that qualifies as feeling weird Laugh

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 1:15 pm
YUP! you not the only one
Weird is a good way to define! Feeling very out of sorts as I often do after a fast, specifically Yom Kippur. Stomach ache, a bit lightheaded, no strength....

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 1:27 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
Totally normal to feel like this post fast. On the fast day your body is using up all thr stored energy. The next day your body is depleted. Used to take me up to 2-3 weeks to get back to myself post fast. Not anymore.

I'm going to go anon for this as I give everyone this advice and I dont want to out my username. Lol.

A neighbor once recommended a vitamin and since I started taking it (amd convinced dh too) I fast easy amd barely feel "off" the next day.
Its a concentrated liquid trace minerals supplement called "Oligo" from the company "Tahua".

I take a capful 3x a day around 3-5 days before the fast and continue taking it once a day for a few days post fast.
No more
Headaches
Nausea
Lightheadedness
Weakness
Durring fast, after breaking the fast, or thr next day.
I sleep well the night after fast and wake up normally refreshed the next morning.
It is THAT amazing.
I have a nursing baby and I felt post fast better than ever before.

Go ahead, try it next time and let me know how much it helped you!

I see u said you're nursing so I assume it's safe while nursing.
What about during pregnancy?

Ruchel

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 1:41 pm
I woke up my husband telling him I'm not able to go on during the night. Horrible migraine. I was super sick for maybe 10 hours then a bit better. I hope one day to have an eating psak.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics