Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Who’s keeping their kids home today ?
Previous  1  2

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 11:58 am
keym wrote:
Closing the schools only works if stores, businesses, and shuls get super-makpid on masks and kids don't play outside.
Otherwise closing the schools is useless.

As of erev YK, most people in Lakewood were wearing masks in stores. As opposed to the week before. I think people are starting to take it more seriously.

mha3484

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 12:01 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
I think this is reasonable, especially there are still some people flying for sukkos, and not planning to keep their kids home after Sad

Unfortunately, I'm scared that when they do close it will be for a lot more than 2 weeks.

I think if a school chooses to close on its own they can reopen on their own time frame as opposed to being shut down by the government where they set the reopening terms. The second scenario is much more problematic in my opinion.

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 3:13 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
I am.

One of the schools sent a text last night that if a family member is ill AND TESTS, the children must stay home until the result comes in. In other words, if the ill person doesn't test it's no problem to send the kids because they're just doing this to comply with public health standards, not because they actually care about not spreading a potentially fatal disease. Banging head

We kept the children in that school home since Rosh Hashana since we already knew their attitude. 1 child is in a different school with higher safety standards so we sent him last week but, since our town is full of corona now, we're keeping him home too.

We have a high risk family member.
Oh goodness, I got that same text 3 times last night. One from the affiliated school where I don’t even have kids. I didn’t catch that bit of the wording. I already sent ... we are keeping away from everyone high risk. I’m feeling anxious though now. Silly me I thought the texts meant they were following the rules now.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics