Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Kept my kids home
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 3:20 pm
Am I the only crazy one?
I think its extremely irresponsible of schools to be open, I felt this was the right thing to do. Anyone with me?

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 3:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Am I the only crazy one?
I think its extremely irresponsible of schools to be open, I felt this was the right thing to do. Anyone with me?

Why is it extremely irresponsible for schools to be open? Schools should be the last to close, the kids have suffered enough. Stores, attractions, shuls.... are packed but schools have to close??
There is an identical thread going on now.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 3:31 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Am I the only crazy one?

Yes you’re the only crazy one
Sorry

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 3:32 pm
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
Sorry

Wow how pathetic!

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 3:35 pm
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
Sorry

Well, you asked.
Your words.

My kids are home because we have to quarantine. No other reason. The minute it’s over goodbye. (Assuming and praying that they stay open.)

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 3:37 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Why is it extremely irresponsible for schools to be open? Schools should be the last to close, the kids have suffered enough. Stores, attractions, shuls.... are packed but schools have to close??
There is an identical thread going on now.

Im not here to argue this. Dr.s claim to have their hands tied but think whats going on is insane. I spoke to a top Dr.
Because kids may not display symptoms and then run around the neighborhood and shop and expose others. Because kids come home and spread disease to high risk parent, because kids spread disease to their teachers. My daughters teacher is highly pregnant and currently very sick.
I can go on and on but im not here for argument just was wondering if others kept home

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 3:37 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Wow how pathetic!

Sorry, it's not pathetic. It's crazy to say that's schools should close while everything else is going on normally. As long as stores, shuls, simcha's, and other places are crowded, there's absolutely no point in closing schools.

ExtraCredit

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 3:39 pm
Kids should be locked in only after all adults are wearing masks and SD perfectly. Why rush to punish the kids?

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 3:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Im not here to argue this. Dr.s claim to have their hands tied but think whats going on is insane. I spoke to a top Dr.
Because kids may not display symptoms and then run around the neighborhood and shop and expose others. Because kids come home and spread disease to high risk parent, because kids spread disease to their teachers. My daughters teacher is highly pregnant and currently very sick.
I can go on and on but im not here for argument just was wondering if others kept home

If you're keeping your kids out of school but allow them to play with neighbors, go to relatives, go to stores and shul, that's just cruel. If you're keeping them home from school, they should be sitting home and not going anywhere. If they're going everywhere but to school, they can go to school as well.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 3:41 pm
You're free to keep your kids home. Don't you dare force the rest of us to keep ours home. Schools staying open should absolutely be a priority. FYI, I'm a contact tracer in my community, of all the positive cases in the last 2-3 weeks, ONLY TWO were picked up in school, literally every other case was picked up elsewhere (like simchas and other I'll advised gatherings). School is probably the safest place to be right now, as long as they're following guidelines (the schools in my community are following very strict guidelines).

Zehava

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 3:43 pm
I hope your self-righteousness keeps you warm at night since your accomplishing exactly nothing

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 3:44 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
Kids should be locked in only after all adults are wearing masks and SD perfectly. Why rush to punish the kids?

Ofcoarse shuls should be shut down, I think we need full lockdown.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 3:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Why do you think so???? Is your family on full lockdown?

ExtraCredit

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 3:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

So that’s what I’m saying. As long as shuls and stores and simchos are full I won’t rush to punish my kids. They lock in last. Are you, your DH and kids staying indoors now indefinitely?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 3:46 pm
Zehava wrote:
I hope your self-righteousness keeps you warm at night since your accomplishing exactly nothing

Wow a day after yk and you have no issue writing this.
Where does self righteousness come in?
I wonder if you sleep well at night, being so rude to others

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 3:48 pm
After having 2 kids put in quarantine because of exposures in school I have decided to keep all the rest of my family home from school until after sukkos - When my other girls come out of quarantine (after the first days of sukkos) I would like to have the family together and able to celebrate shmini atzeres/Simchas Torah together.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 3:48 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
So that’s what I’m saying. As long as shuls and stores and simchos are full I won’t rush to punish my kids. They lock in last. Are you, your DH and kids staying indoors now indefinitely?

If im inconveniently keeping my kids home not to expose them why would I let them run around?
Im not looking for anyone to get sick here before yt and I agree theres only that much I could control but im trying my best

ExtraCredit

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 3:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If im inconveniently keeping my kids home not to expose them why would I let them run around?
Im not looking for anyone to get sick here before yt and I agree theres only that much I could control but im trying my best

I’m still asking if you and your DH are off work and locked in indefinitely too? Not everyone can impose a lockdown on themselves this easily. I am hoping everything stays open with proper SD protocol. Lockdown isn’t a long term solution and this virus is going nowhere fast. We need a solution that we can live with. If a lockdown is imposed on us we’ll have to accept it. But I ain’t doing it on my own a day too soon.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 3:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

So DH isn't going to shul and you haven't been going shopping at all? You have not answered if your entire family is on lockdown.
It's only ok and right to keep kids home if your family is strictly on lockdown.

HakarasHatov

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 4:11 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
You're free to keep your kids home. Don't you dare force the rest of us to keep ours home. Schools staying open should absolutely be a priority. FYI, I'm a contact tracer in my community, of all the positive cases in the last 2-3 weeks, ONLY TWO were picked up in school, literally every other case was picked up elsewhere (like simchas and other I'll advised gatherings). School is probably the safest place to be right now, as long as they're following guidelines (the schools in my community are following very strict guidelines).
as long as they are following which guidelines ( they very from place to place)
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics