Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Best day for cleaning lady
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 3:11 pm
Poll time!
I’m getting cleaning help 1 day a week. She only has Mon, Tues, Wed.
Which day would you choose, and why?

chaya35

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 3:12 pm
Wedn closest to shabbos.

ExtraCredit

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 3:12 pm
I second Wednesday.

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 3:17 pm
I really like Thursday because it's close enough to Shabbos to maintain until then, but it's not Friday where if they don't show up I feel more screwed. Seeing that it's not an option, I may choose Wednesday if I feel I can maintain until Shabbos. Otherwise any day is equal to me, as it's not Shabbos prep, it's weekly floor washings.

lilies

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 3:25 pm
I could not keep the house clean from Wednesday until Shabbos, so I switched to Monday. At least I was able to start the week off right.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 3:39 pm
I always preferred Wednesdays.

tichellady

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 4:01 pm
Monday

Rachel Shira

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 4:10 pm
I would choose Monday, to get the week started off clean. Wednesday-Shabbos would be too long for me to make it worth it.

familyfirst

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 4:14 pm
I once had a cleaning lady who could only come on Tuesdays. Interestingly, I actually enjoyed it!
I cleaned up after shabbos and before shabbos but she gave it that mid week deep clean so hiuse really never got out of control and gave it that balabatish look even mid week For a few days when it wasn’t undone By Shabbos busyness

Not sure I’d choose it if I had options but being that that was the only option it ended up working out great

zaq

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 7:10 pm
chaya35 wrote:
Wedn closest to shabbos.

This. Thursday would be better but you play the hand you're dealt.

Genius

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 7:11 pm
If these were the options I’d say Monday too. Starts off the week on the right track

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 7:14 pm
Thanks guys! I confirmed Wednesday.
I’m very clean and neat and I’m always sweeping, dusting, washing dishes and laundry. But I absolutely hate it, plus my husband is allergic to dust mites, so the weekly deep clean is just way too exhausting. Aaaannnnd, I work and I have kids to take care of!
My kitchen gets the messiest on Thursday and Friday, but Wednesday will have to do. At least I’ll only have the kitchen to do and not the dusting and the linen and the bathrooms and floors everywhere else.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 8:51 pm
Monday!
Wednesday is not here or there- she’s not cleaning up from shabbos and she’s not cleaning up for shabbos.

Wife1

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 8:56 pm
I second Monday
Start your week off right

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:08 pm
For everyone saying Monday- the reason I decided against it is because my house is perfectly clean and neat by Monday. I don’t wait 2 days to clean up from Shabbos. If I wanted a lady to clean up from Shabbos, I’d find someone who can come motzei Shabbos, if not Shabbos afternoon.
I went wi to Wednesday instead. Not the greatest day of the week, but still better than Monday and Tuesday for me. Hopefully the mess will be manageable on Thursday and Friday!

Ruchel

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 1:50 pm
Friday!!! or after the week end

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 3:22 pm
I like Wednesday too.

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 5:13 pm
I like Monday because I work and it sets my week off to the right start.

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 5:19 pm
Mine comes Tuesdays and I love it. My house gets wrecked on weekends from kids being home so cleaning help on Fridays alone would be a waste bec I wouldn’t be able to enjoy it. Tuesdays allows me to enjoy the rest of the week with a relatively clean home. My ideal choice would be Sundays.

srbmom

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 6:11 pm
OP I sound just like you and I have Wednesdays and love it. Its still clean enough Friday that I only need to spend a little time cleaning up before Shabbos. And I clean up spotlessly motzei shabbos/ Sunday so Monday would be a waste. Middle of the week works great for me.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry