Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Best co sleeper for newborn
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 1:44 pm
Looking for recommendations for a co sleeper for newborn - either in my bed, although I’m not sure if there are any real safe options, or alternatively a bedside bassinet. Ideally I want one that can pull all the way up to my bed and have the side open so I can reach in to baby. I’ve been researching a few on Amazon, but would love to hear others’ experiences.

Thanks!

chili-n-cholent

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 1:56 pm
I used the dock a tot, it was amazing. I used it from birth until my baby was abt 7 months.
Obviously they don’t guarantee that you can sleep with it as they don’t want the liability but in regard to its make up it was geared for it. The high sides keep u from rolling onto it and baby is very comfortable on their back. It’s not cheap but I was able to borrow it from a relative and it was so worth it.

stillnewlywed

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 2:13 pm
chili-n-cholent wrote:
I used the dock a tot, it was amazing. I used it from birth until my baby was abt 7 months.
Obviously they don’t guarantee that you can sleep with it as they don’t want the liability but in regard to its make up it was geared for it. The high sides keep u from rolling onto it and baby is very comfortable on their back. It’s not cheap but I was able to borrow it from a relative and it was so worth it.

The dock a tot isn’t a safe place for a baby to sleep unsupervised

rivkam

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 2:18 pm
Look up la leches advice on safe bed sharing. It can be done if you are interested. Otherwise a co sleeper crib is a lifesaver for the middle of the night feeds

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 4:12 pm
In the past my husband would always end up taking the baby into his bed, but it really worries me. That’s why I want to look into other options. Has anyone here tried a bedside bassinet? Those seem to be the safest.

essgee

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 4:51 pm
I used the arms reach co sleeper and was very happy with it. you can pm me if you have any specific questions.

almost sure it was this model:

https://www.buybuybaby.com/sto.....aw.ds

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 7:30 pm
my sil has the chicco next to me crib which I loved the look of and wish I would have had such a crib. It straps to the bed so it's secure, but can also stand alone. Alas my baby is now most definitely a toddler and is climbing out the cot...

challahchallah

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 8:00 pm
I had the Halo Bassinest and loved it. So easy to pull it toward me so I could grab baby without getting out of bed (or even sitting up), but I could also push it away. Personally, I slept way better because I wasn’t stressed about accidentally rolling onto my newborn.

dancingqueen

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 8:02 pm
Another vote for Halo.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 8:29 pm
Does the halo open on the side?

challahchallah

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 8:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Does the halo open on the side?

Yes, one side pushes down so you can grab the baby. It doesn’t lock open though (it’s spring loaded), so it will pop back up when you let go. The nice thing about it is there are no latches or anything to fiddle with in the middle of the night—just pushing on the side as you naturally do to reach the baby and it moves out of your way.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 9:39 pm
I've been using the arms reach for several babies happily.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:47 pm
This is not a cosleeper but I recommend a snoo. You can rent it by the month.

trixx

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:49 pm
The snuggle nest for in my bed (but I'm a very aware sleeper)

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 11:29 am
I have the Halo and love it since it's a space saver. I got it for free from craigslist someone was giivng it away

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 11:31 am
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
I have the Halo and love it since it's a space saver. I got it for free from craigslist someone was giivng it away

I want something basically exactly like the halo but with a drop down side that will stay open. Does that exist?

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 11:34 am
maybe the dream on me skylar?
the halo design would not be safe if it would stay open since it is very tall. I have it higher than my bed basically sitting on the mattress

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 11:34 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I want something basically exactly like the halo but with a drop down side that will stay open. Does that exist?

https://tjmaxx.tjx.com/store/j.....4060b

just bought this

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 11:39 am
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
maybe the dream on me skylar?
the halo design would not be safe if it would stay open since it is very tall. I have it higher than my bed basically sitting on the mattress

If it rests on the mattress, why wouldn’t it be safe?

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 11:41 am
Since not everyone will use it that way..
It's basically suspended in mid air on a pole.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics