Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Wheels for car seat

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 4:21 pm
I’m iyh due in a few weeks and am trying to prepare by buying the basics that I’ll need right away. I bought the Cybex Priam stroller and a Cybex car seat - I was thinking of using the stroller frame for when I want wheels for my car seat (it clicks in and out easily), but now that I put it together, it really is quite large and bulky. I’d much prefer something lighter for in and out of the car. I don’t want a doona. When my older children were babies I had a basic snap and go, but I don’t think my old one works with the newer car seats.

My question is should I buy a new snap and go type of frame and do they make good ones? Or should I buy a lightweight stroller and use adapters to click in the car seat? I’ll probably eventually want to buy a lightweight stroller anyway, just wasn’t planning on getting one until the baby was a bit older. Ideally I’d love something super light, which is why a snap and go frame would probably be ideal.. Would love to hear advice from other experienced moms!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 7:22 am
Bumping this.. anyone? Or does everyone have a doona Wink

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 7:24 am
I had a Graco carseat with a Graco snap n go. It didn't push as well over bumps as my good one (a valcobaby) does, but it does the job extremely well and I would do the same thing again. I'm not sure about other brands though.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 9:12 am
So curious why I got a hug?

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 9:23 am
I refuse to get a doona.
I have the Cybex priam. I don't find the base so bulky. It folds so easy. I got a Nuna carseat which I believe is lighter than the Cybex. My baby is only a few weeks old so haven't used it that much to go in and out of a car. But I used it yesterday and I love that it's so easy to wheel once out of the car.
I ordered a ring adapter (will see if it fits) to make snapping the carseat in and out of the stroller base a lot easier.
I don't see how a lightweight stroller with adapters will help you. The Cybex base is 11lbs. That's less than most lightweight strollers on the market.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 9:28 am
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
I refuse to get a doona.
I have the Cybex priam. I don't find the base so bulky. It folds so easy. I got a Nuna carseat which I believe is lighter than the Cybex. My baby is only a few weeks old so haven't used it that much to go in and out of a car. But I used it yesterday and I love that it's so easy to wheel once out of the car.
I ordered a ring adapter (will see if it fits) to make snapping the carseat in and out of the base a lot easier.

I was planning on getting the Nuna but the cybex seemed to click in and out of the priam more easily (maybe because they’re both cybex?) so I just went with that. It is a drop heavier which I’m not thrilled about, but overall seems like a good car seat. I just woke up this morning to see that cybex is coming out with a new travel stroller that is compatible with an infant seat so maybe I’ll wait on that... other options are uppa baby minu and yoyo but wondering if they’re really worth it. I know I’ll definitely want a travel stroller at some point so I suppose it’s a matter of getting one now or waiting. Good to know you’re having a positive experience with the priam frame.. maybe I just need to use it a bit. I also don’t love how the car seat matches with the frame which is of course super important 😝

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 9:52 am
Baby trend makes a universal snap and go. I used with my uppababy carseat since the Vista stroller was too cumbersome to lift in and out all the time. You can check if it will fit yours. The only thing is it doesn't snap in--it balances and there's a strap for added security. It's good for flat parking lots and malls but not anything bumpier.

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 12:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I was planning on getting the Nuna but the cybex seemed to click in and out of the priam more easily (maybe because they’re both cybex?) so I just went with that. It is a drop heavier which I’m not thrilled about, but overall seems like a good car seat. I just woke up this morning to see that cybex is coming out with a new travel stroller that is compatible with an infant seat so maybe I’ll wait on that... other options are uppa baby minu and yoyo but wondering if they’re really worth it. I know I’ll definitely want a travel stroller at some point so I suppose it’s a matter of getting one now or waiting. Good to know you’re having a positive experience with the priam frame.. maybe I just need to use it a bit. I also don’t love how the car seat matches with the frame which is of course super important 😝

which cybex car seat do you have?

I had such a hard time with snapping the cybex into the base Surprised

I have the cybex mios though, not the priam, but I think the adapters are the same and thats what I had a hard time with.

I also had a really hard time getting it in and out of the car Sad

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 3:01 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
which cybex car seat do you have?

I had such a hard time with snapping the cybex into the base Surprised

I have the cybex mios though, not the priam, but I think the adapters are the same and thats what I had a hard time with.

I also had a really hard time getting it in and out of the car Sad

Do you mean the base of the stroller or the base of the carseat? I haven’t yet tried the carseat base. But I tested it with the stroller frame and it seemed pretty easy once you get the hang of it. I got the Aton M because it was the lightest one. The Nuna seemed difficult to remove from the priam frame, which is why the sales lady recommended getting a cybex seat. Now I wonder if I’ll even use the frame for the carseat, so maybe I could have gone with the nuna. Oh well. There are other perks to the cybex Smile

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 7:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do you mean the base of the stroller or the base of the carseat? I haven’t yet tried the carseat base. But I tested it with the stroller frame and it seemed pretty easy once you get the hang of it. I got the Aton M because it was the lightest one. The Nuna seemed difficult to remove from the priam frame, which is why the sales lady recommended getting a cybex seat. Now I wonder if I’ll even use the frame for the carseat, so maybe I could have gone with the nuna. Oh well. There are other perks to the cybex Smile

both Surprised

the base of the stroller and the base of the car seat. I always had such a hard time!
it exhausted me.

I used the aton cloud.

I wonder if something was wrong with the car seat..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics