Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Impressive! Many people, all ages, were wearing masks in BP
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 11:55 am
OP, what was the purpose of this thread? To bash your fellow Jews? To make a chilul Hashem for non-Jews who may read the thread?
Why can’t you do what you feel is right and leave everyone else alone? I highly doubt that this thread influenced a single person to do things differently.
Enough!

ShishKabob

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 11:58 am
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
OP, what was the purpose of this thread? To bash your fellow Jews? To make a chilul Hashem for non-Jews who may read the thread?
Why can’t you do what you feel is right and leave everyone else alone? I highly doubt that this thread influenced a single person to do things differently.
Enough!
Chacham Einov Birosho!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 3:48 pm
Im curious. How did the huge Minyanim like both Bobovs and Satmars, handle SD?

out-of-towner

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 4:02 pm
youngishbear wrote:
Very early on they did not believe homemade face coverings to be of any use.

It is still debatable if masks do anything unless they are properly fitted N95s.

(I do wear a mask where it is needed FTR.)

ra_mom

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 5:06 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
Actually in bp no one wore masks inside shul or sd. They only put it on outside where the media was waiting to see....

Speak for yourself.

ora_43

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 5:40 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
did anyone think about Israel's second wave when they were so on top of wearing masks the first time around... you'd think they would have been under control by now...

yes, I'm wearing my mask right now as I type. I do what I'm told but I do doubt the credibility of the mask theory...

You would think that - if you assumed that 1. everyone is listening to the rules re: masks, and 2. everyone is also listening to all the other rules. (Because if someone wears a mask on the bus, but takes it off when they're at one of the multiple weddings they've attended this month, they're still fairly likely to get or spread the virus.)

Neither of those things are true.

But I think Israel's numbers are davka proof that masks are helping. You have to look at where infections are happening, too. And it turns out very few people are being infected on public transportation, or in stores, or in other places where people could potentially be infected - and where most people do comply with mask rules.

(There's also a fairly clear parallel between communities that ignore the mask rules, and communities with high rates of infection - but of course, that's quite possibly correlation, not causation)
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics