Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Cleaning lady woes

ExtraCredit

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:46 am
This is not about the one that’s currently sick and will definitely feel better right after succos when her new employer won’t need her anymore.
This is about a new one I have today.
She’s working with a mask and I’m staying 6 feet away so I should bless her for working at all, but why does she walk straight into a freshly washed floor with her muddy sneakers? Why don’t they back out of a room with the mop following them so that the floor shouldn’t have footsteps right after she washed it?
I’d go ahead and ask her instead of you if she’d at least speak a word of English.
Can't Believe It Banging head Can't Believe It Banging head

zaq

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:58 am
Clearly not a professional.

ExtraCredit

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 11:01 am
zaq wrote:
Clearly not a professional.

Definitely not. The professionals find employers who offer double the going rate during Yom tov season.
Then they come back when said employer doesn’t need that many hours anymore.

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 11:05 am
ExtraCredit wrote:
Definitely not. The professionals find employers who offer double the going rate during Yom tov season.

I guess it's all about offer and demand... Give her the double rate, and she will stay with you...

rivkam

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 11:05 am
ExtraCredit wrote:

I know your cleaning woes are very legitimate and I feel your pain but I'm just so jealous you have cleaning help. I'll take the awful cleaner from you! Sorry I know stealing cleaners is a touchy subject Tongue Out Tongue Out

ExtraCredit

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 11:07 am
rivkam wrote:
I know your cleaning woes are very legitimate and I feel your pain but I'm just so jealous you have cleaning help. I'll take the awful cleaner from you! Sorry I know stealing cleaners is a touchy subject Tongue Out Tongue Out

I know. I should focus on the bright side. On the parts of the floor that are clean, not the footsteps. Thanks for reminding me!

ExtraCredit

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 11:10 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
I guess it's all about offer and demand... Give her the double rate, and she will stay with you...

If I’d be able to afford the double rate I’d do it. Besides, where will it end if we’ll all keep doubling the pay?

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 11:12 am
ExtraCredit wrote:
This is not about the one that’s currently sick and will definitely feel better right after succos when her new employer won’t need her anymore.
She’s working with a mask and I’m staying 6 feet away so I should bless her for working at all, but why does she walk straight into a freshly washed floor with her muddy sneakers? Why don’t they back out of a room with the mop following them so that the floor shouldn’t have footsteps right after she washed it?
I’d go ahead and ask her instead of you if she’d at least speak a word of English.

Use google translate. And may this be your worst problem.

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 11:14 am
ExtraCredit wrote:
If I’d be able to afford the double rate I’d do it. Besides, where will it end if we’ll all keep doubling the pay?

I think a cleaning lady deserves a decent wage plus the regular insurances, social security, etc. for her hard work. It would be indecent to underpay a cleaning lady and quite risky to leave her uninsured or undeclared...

And, like any worker, she is allowed to take the opportunities that are offered to her...

rivkam

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 11:15 am
ExtraCredit wrote:
I know. I should focus on the bright side. On the parts of the floor that are clean, not the footsteps. Thanks for reminding me!

Love the attitude! Let's pray that you get your old cleaner back asap and we all have a calm meaningful (and relatively clean) succot

ExtraCredit

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 11:17 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
I think a cleaning lady deserves a decent wage plus the regular insurances, social security, etc. for her hard work. It would be indecent to underpay a cleaning lady and quite risky to leave her uninsured or undeclared...

And, like any worker, she is allowed to take the opportunities that are offered to her...

Of course she has a right. I’d do the same if I’d be her. It’s just super annoying when you employ one for the going rate all year round and suddenly erev Yom tov someone bribes her with better pay. Then drops her like a hot potato a day after isri chag.

WitchKitty

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 1:15 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:

I don't know how much you pay cleaning ladies in America, but here they usually make per hour about double than what I make.
(And if it's on the books, they get the SS, insurance and such as part of the package)
But anyway, to me it looks like they are making QUITE enough money. No need to double that.

amother
Red

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 1:34 pm
WitchKitty wrote:
I don't know how much you pay cleaning ladies in America, but here they usually make per hour about double than what I make.
(And if it's on the books, they get the SS, insurance and such as part of the package)
But anyway, to me it looks like they are making QUITE enough money. No need to double that.

Supply and demand. It's as simple as that.
When I read some of the low wages being paid on threads here, I am not really surprised that cleaning ladies bounce from job to job depending on the offer. I would probably do the same if I was a cleaning lady.
And I don't know too many people who offer paid days off or insurance. If she doesn't work for you full time, just how would that work with benefits? Most pple have a cleaner just 1x or 2x a week.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 2:34 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:

Most cleaning ladies want to be paid off the books because then they don’t have to pay taxes. It’s worth it they make more money and are eligible for more programs. They don’t get the benefits of working on the books but they still would rather it. Obviously I’m talking about legal cleaning help. If their illegal it’s very different.
Extra credit maybe play charades and show her not to walk on a freshly mopped floor. Or make her footprint into a delightful design by letting your toddler spill stuff next to it in an artistic way.

ExtraCredit

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 2:45 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
Most cleaning ladies want to be paid off the books because then they don’t have to pay taxes. It’s worth it they make more money and are eligible for more programs. They don’t get the benefits of working on the books but they still would rather it. Obviously I’m talking about legal cleaning help. If their illegal it’s very different.
Extra credit maybe play charades and show her not to walk on a freshly mopped floor. Or make her footprint into a delightful design by letting your toddler spill stuff next to it in an artistic way.

It’s fine. She’s long home and my kids added footsteps of their own thanks to the weather and the too late reminder to take their shoes off at the door.
So remind me again why it’s worth washing floors? Could’ve bought a few buckets ice cream with the money I paid for it. I sometimes get my priorities mixed up.

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 10:07 am
ExtraCredit wrote:
It’s fine. She’s long home and my kids added footsteps of their own thanks to the weather and the too late reminder to take their shoes off at the door.
So remind me again why it’s worth washing floors? Could’ve bought a few buckets ice cream with the money I paid for it. I sometimes get my priorities mixed up.

Right. See you’re smart, though definitely ”di seichel kimt nuch di yuren”

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 12:52 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
Right. See you’re smart, though definitely ”di seichel kimt nuch di yuren”

Not quite cuz I told her to come again tomorrow TMI

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 12:59 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:

Google translate is your friend....

ever heard the expression, if you need the ganev you remove him from the gallows?

My cleaning lady is probably learning disabled, bc every single thing Ive told her, she nods her head and proceeds to do the opposite.

She also washes her clothing in my wash machine without asking.

And she once traifed up my microwave by warming up a cheese sandwich without asking.

She's taking sanitary pads from my bathroom without asking.

She calls the bedrooms dining room and the dining room batroom.

She has zero class whatsoever. She is a slowwww moving vehicle.

She uses my milchig dishtowels for fleishig and vice versa even though I told her so many times which color goes where.

She keeps putting my son's crocs away, puts his night clothes in the hamper and he's livid every time bc he cant find his pajamas. etc.

But... I still only pay her $10 an hour. When everyone else charges $14/$15.

And she shows up. All the time. Other cleaning ladies I had, just disappear when they find better work.

So I'm keeping her off the tliah...

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 1:02 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
Google translate is your friend....

ever heard the expression, if you need the ganev you remove him from the gallows?

My cleaning lady is probably learning disabled, bc every single thing Ive told her, she nods her head and proceeds to do the opposite.

She also washes her clothing in my wash machine without asking.

And she once traifed up my microwave by warming up a cheese sandwich without asking.

She's taking sanitary pads from my bathroom without asking.

She calls the bedrooms dining room and the dining room batroom.

She has zero class whatsoever. She is a slowwww moving vehicle.

She uses my milchig dishtowels for fleishig and vice versa even though I told her so many times which color goes where.

She keeps putting my son's crocs away, puts his night clothes in the hamper and he's livid every time bc he cant find his pajamas. etc.

But... I still only pay her $10 an hour. When everyone else charges $14/$15.

And she shows up. All the time. Other cleaning ladies I had, just disappear when they find better work.

So I'm keeping her off the tliah...

Thanks for the laughs.
My cleaning lady is a brilliant professor according to yours! But I pay more than you too!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics