Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Has anyone DOCTOR told them not to test?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 7:05 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
I am far from it. Did you not read the last sentence of my OP? I’M JUST CURIOUS
No one is forcing anyone to answer. I’m just curious if there are doctors out there who are telling patients not to test, and if they are giving their patients a reason. Whether people like it or agree with it or not, many schools are saying not to test, so I was wondering what actual medical professionals think.

Honestly doctors make money on tests so of course theyll test. My kid had strept symptoms ans the urgent care insisted a covid test too! And the problem with excessive testing is that many many are fake positives.

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 7:15 pm
My kids were exposed to COVID. Chemed PA said not to test because even if it was negative, we’d have to quarantine them for 14 days. I imagine if they were symptomatic at that time they would recommend we test.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 7:40 pm
Yes. My son had most of the symptoms and when I went to the dr Sunday morning before yk he told me he should stay home but not test because it will shut down the school. Motzei yk the school had already closed on their own because they were too nervous the city will shut them anyways and they don’t want to have an issue to open after sukkos.

unexpected

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 9:30 pm
My son had 99.8 and the dr said it is not fever and I shouldn't retest. I went somewhere else for the test because he had been near my grandmother and it was negative

chams

Post Sun, Oct 04 2020, 10:23 pm
It makes me so angry. They don't want people with clear covid symptoms and high fever to test just so that they can keep the schools open. Yet these same people are then not quarenting properly, not wearing masks, making large wedding having simchas beis hashova....it doesn't end. I would rather the schools got closed down, so we don't get a second wave and people learn to care for others and wear a mask and social distance. It is a chilul hashem and not mentchlach.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Oct 04 2020, 11:15 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
Honestly doctors make money on tests so of course theyll test. My kid had strept symptoms ans the urgent care insisted a covid test too! And the problem with excessive testing is that many many are fake positives.

I keep hearing this, but I’ve never researched it. Do you have proof?

amother
Red

Post Sun, Oct 04 2020, 11:28 pm
One of the health centers where I live does not let anyone into the building without a rapid covid test. Even if you are just having a routine non sick visit

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 12:49 am
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
My kids were exposed to COVID. Chemed PA said not to test because even if it was negative, we’d have to quarantine them for 14 days. I imagine if they were symptomatic at that time they would recommend we test.

You have to quarantine for 14 days because of the exposure, not because you chose to test vs not test. This sounds like Chemed was trying to avoid people testing just so they could use a negative test to get out of quarantine early.

In fact I’m happy to hear they are discouraging that.

mommyX2

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 1:31 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
When my husband had corona earlier this month and my 18 month old spiked a fever my pediatrician told me I don't need to test. It wouldn't have changed the quarantine and it's hard to find someone to test a child that age in my area. Now I regret not testing since everytime this child has a cold I won't know if it's just a cold...

test for antibodies
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics