Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Why I don’t trust the system
Previous  1  2  3

aliavi

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 1:50 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
Hospitals are getting money for positive numbers. I know this from a doctor who works in a hospital. So the guy who comes in for hip surgery who tests positive gets billed as a cover case.

But that’s besides the point look at the frum communities that opened schools and are not having spikes (see some other thread) they followed the darn rules.

Federal money based on positive cases is awarded as part of the relief packages by the US Congress. More positive cases means bigger relief is needed.

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 1:51 pm
imasoftov wrote:
Under the 2nd amendment?

Are you willing to cover your face for the rest of your life?

aliavi

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 1:52 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
Medical centers dont report to the doh. The labs do. Unless the center/urgent care has their own rapid test.

Medical centers send specimens to labs who then report. Reporting is required.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 1:59 pm
imasoftov wrote:
Under the 2nd amendment?

That's the right to arm bears.

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 9:32 pm
I personally know someone who had a stroke and was put in the covid section, until his very dedicated doctor convinced the hospital that he had had covid and was totally negative now. He was then moved to regular section.

I heard of someone who on being released from hospital noticed that his papers said he had covid and in fact he did not. He was told if you are not covid you will have to pay, if it's covid then the government pays. The hospitals get more money for covid patients than regular patients.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 9:46 pm
Mothers wrote:
Dod you actually hear this from a person this happened to? Or did you hear it from someone who knows someone?

My own relative made an appointment at an urgent care in March. Then called to cancel. Two days later got a call that she had tested positive. Said I never came in- I feel bad for the patient who is positive and will never know. Horror story. They were so swamped they mixed things up. Hopefully it's an anomaly.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:09 pm
My husband is a nursing home administrator. For every patient that tests positive for Covid, he gets extra money from the insurance company and/or Medicare. It doesn't have to be upon admissions.
His marketer says that the hospitals absolutely do get higher payments from Covid positive cases.

The downside to nursing homes making Covid units is that unless most of your staff got it, they're too scared to come in. But hospitals don't have this as badly, because they pay better and they have benefits built into how long you've worked at the hospital.

I also have a friend who tested positive for Covid in the rapid test, then negative for the PCR. Her only symptom was a headache and fever that resolved in three days. No antibodies. I don't know why people keep insisting that positive tests are never false positives, but negative tests can be false negatives.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics