Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Nanny/Housekeeper

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 28 2020, 11:14 pm
I’m looking for a full time nanny/housekeeper to watch my two kids in my house in Toms River and do cleaning. Looking for hours around 8:00-6:00, preferably not a live in. To start after succos. Please let me know if anyone has any leads!!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Sep 28 2020, 11:16 pm
Also looking . Do u know if u pay less per hour bec it’s so many hours in one house ? What’s the going rate for this

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 28 2020, 11:29 pm
That’s why I’m having trouble finding someone. I’m looking to pay a weekly rate rather than hourly, but all these ladies are looking for at least $15 an hour and it just adds up to way too much!

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 12:01 am
You want someone to take care of your kids and house 10 hours a day and pay less than 15 an hour. Would you be willing to do it for someone else?

People spend money on eating out, salads and coffee for lunch, vacations, and other stuff
Yet when it comes to paying someone who takes care of their children they can’t be bothered to pay a decent salary.

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 12:09 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
That’s why I’m having trouble finding someone. I’m looking to pay a weekly rate rather than hourly, but all these ladies are looking for at least $15 an hour and it just adds up to way too much!

I don’t think you’ll find someone decent for less. (Might even have trouble finding someone 10 hrs per day at that rate who is trustworthy)

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 12:32 am
I have similar and pay $14. An hour. I’m good with that. At least it’s not $15. And I have shorter hours because I can’t afford more than $500. A week.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 12:35 am
If you want to pay less than $15/hr you’ll be lucky to find an illegal immigrant who doesn’t speak English.
Sorry.

A typical nanny in New Jersey makes around 50-60k a year, and you also need to pay taxes and certain insurances, as well as give them some paid time off (their holidays , a week vacation and a week sick for example ). So if you want someone who speaks English, has a license and can pick your kids up or take them to the park etc., knows basic cpr and heimlich, has references, etc., (these are all things you should want obviously ) that’s what you can expect to pay.

If you just want someone to clean your house and keep an eye on the kids meanwhile, and you want to pay like $12/hr... keep in mind that these women usually have kids of their own so these are very difficult hours and expecting anyone to do that 5 days a week is probably unrealistic unless it’s their career... ie professional nanny.

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 12:44 am
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
If you want to pay less than $15/hr you’ll be lucky to find an illegal immigrant who doesn’t speak English.
Sorry.

A typical nanny in New Jersey makes around 50-60k a year, and you also need to pay taxes and certain insurances, as well as give them some paid time off (their holidays , a week vacation and a week sick for example ). So if you want someone who speaks English, has a license and can pick your kids up or take them to the park etc., knows basic cpr and heimlich, has references, etc., (these are all things you should want obviously ) that’s what you can expect to pay.

If you just want someone to clean your house and keep an eye on the kids meanwhile, and you want to pay like $12/hr... keep in mind that these women usually have kids of their own so these are very difficult hours and expecting anyone to do that 5 days a week is probably unrealistic unless it’s their career... ie professional nanny.

Lol frum pple in Toms River aren’t looking for a professional, legal nanny. The pple I know there pay cash, and it’s normally someone who needs a cash job.

SingALong

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 12:52 am
To pay less you would need to get a live in. They are willing to work for less since you are covering their room and board, they don’t need to pay elsewhere rent, food, utilities, etc. for their day off they just crash by family.

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 1:41 am
If somebody willing to work for less than $14 she must be desperate and not able to get a job elsewhere. You might get what you pay for!

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 1:45 am
10 hours a day is a lot! I don't think you will get someone willing to do that 5 days a week without having a live in or paying more than your stated price. That's basically a 12 hour day if you build in commuting time.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 7:31 pm
Thanks for everyone’s unsolicited advice. I was really just asking if anyone has any leads.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 7:34 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
You want someone to take care of your kids and house 10 hours a day and pay less than 15 an hour. Would you be willing to do it for someone else?

People spend money on eating out, salads and coffee for lunch, vacations, and other stuff
Yet when it comes to paying someone who takes care of their children they can’t be bothered to pay a decent salary.

I don’t know who “people” are, but you don’t know what I do or don’t spend money on. I wasn’t really looking for opinions, just asking if anyone had any helpful leads.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 7:41 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for everyone’s unsolicited advice. I was really just asking if anyone has any leads.

I've looked to pay weekly for many years in an area very close to toms river. Fact is it's impossible to find. These ladies rather work in a few houses and make $15 an hour than work for much less on a weekly wage. The dollars and cents just isn't worth it for them at the end of the day. In other areas like in five towns this is the established system for full time help (to pay weekly salary) but even with offering all sorts of perks with the package I could not find anyone willing to do it in Lakewood area Tom's River area.

Cost of live ins have gone up as well but if at all feasible you may still get that full time whole paying less.

amother
White

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 8:15 pm
Full time live out is always the most expensive.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 8:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I don’t know who “people” are, but you don’t know what I do or don’t spend money on. I wasn’t really looking for opinions, just asking if anyone had any helpful leads.

Sorry, you’re right, I don’t know your situation

I know many babysitters/ nannies who are underpaid/ overworked/ treated like the bottom of their shoes and the family members don’t hesitate to spend on anything and everything and then complain about paying the help. So I tend to take it personally.
Perhaps a combination of paid help and seminary/ highschool girls would work.
Just to let you know that the receptionist in our school whose job is to answer phones and stuff envelopes once in a while gets 15$ an hour. So
It seems that 15 an hour is the minimum rate for any job
Hatzlocha, I hope you find someone

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 11:32 pm
Your best bet is to approach all your friend's cleaning help and tell them you're looking! They'll call you if anyone in their circles are looking for a job!
(Or advertise in a non jewish grocery store!)
Obviously you will have to get references.
Sone ladies like to work in one house rather than 5 or more different houses per week because they dont do the same jobs over and over. (3 bathrooms by first lady and 3 by the next and another 3 the nxt day by a third...)

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 11:42 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
Your best bet is to approach all your friend's cleaning help and tell them you're looking! They'll call you if anyone in their circles are looking for a job!
Sone ladies like to work in one house rather than 5 or more different houses per week because they dont do the same jobs over and over. (3 bathrooms by first lady and 3 by the next and another 3 the nxt day by a third...)

Not everyone’s best bet.
That’s the way to steal someone ( or 2 or 3 someone’s ) trustworthy help!many ladies would like a cushy job where they get to stay in one house and watch two kids, which means a lot of sitting around instead of non stop cleaning.
Please do not approach anyone’s lady. You can ask ppl to ask their ladies if they’re comfortable with that if they have friends looking for work.

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 11:43 pm
There actually are Facebook groups where such jobs are posted. Get a cleaning lady to post your job. My sister had her job posted and she got many calls.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 11:51 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:

In my experience in this specific area you still won't find anyone willing to work for a weekly wage as opposed to hourly it's just not the system here. I've spent three years trying believe me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries