Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
When do diapers get changed by playgroup?
Previous  1  2

watergirl

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 5:43 am
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
Twice a day seems right if the day ends at 3:15 as many day cares do. Sometimes you may need three. Why is that shocking?

Diapers should be changed as needed. Checks for wetness should be ongoing, not on a schedule. Children urinate more often than 2x a day. They should not be sitting in a wet diaper.

I’ll ask you again. Do you change your own child’s diaper only twice from 9/10-3/4?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 5:59 am
The default policy at our daycare was that diapers were changed as needed on sight, and that official diaper checks could not be more than two hours apart. A diaper that was even a tiny bit wet at an official diaper check time would get changed, even if the same tiny amount of wetness would not have led to a diaper change in between checks. Parents could also specify more frequent diaper change times if they wanted.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 6:38 am
rgr wrote:
I find that Lingering smell of a dirty diaper is usually a bad brand of diapers or a small leak on the clothing that went unnoticed

Never happened at his previous group or at home so I’m going with “sat in it for too long”. Also he has come home with a dirty diaper that I smelled the minute I walked into their door so they’re definitely not very on top of it.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 6:40 am
rgr wrote:
I find that Lingering smell of a dirty diaper is usually a bad brand of diapers or a small leak on the clothing that went unnoticed

Leaks happen to everyone, but leaks happen much more often when a child is infrequently changed.

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 10:17 am
Hi, here's what I do, I'm a playgroup morah...

playgroup begins at 9am. Our first official diaper changing time is at 10.30. Before that, we are regularly checking the children discreetly, if somebody is dirty or significantly wet then we change them earlier than that of course! how can you leave a kid in a very wet or dirty diaper? That sounds like child abuse to me! these children are entrusted to my care, I care for them and try to love them as my own and provide all their needs when they are at my house.

The second official diaper change time is 12.30 right after lunch. But there are many diapers being changed between those diaper changing times, all those dirty diapers! Smile
Also this year, I have a couple of kids who drink A LOT and they are wet every hour. Those kids get checked and changed more frequently.

I feel terrible reading the posts above, how can such playgroups exist where the kids' basic needs are not dealt with?
I once had an assistant who would tell the kids 'Ewww you smell etc'. I made her stop that! My hashkafa is to say, 'yay, you did a dirty! Hashem is making your body work so well!'
my playgroup is open for 3 hours on Fridays. rarely there is a child who is not wet, then I won't change them and I make sure to tell the parents.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics