Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Esther Hurzarsky OT in Monsey who does MNRI
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 2:04 am
Has anyone used her for their children? She does reflex integration, Musgatova method, MNRI etc.
She is super expensive and I would like to hear feedback before making such an investment.
She gave me two references.
One of them turned out to be her sister so that was interesting.
But she sounds incredibly gifted and talented. But its a huge investment practically, financially etc and I need to hear more

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 2:12 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Has anyone used her for their children? She does reflex integration, Musgatova method, MNRI etc.
She is super expensive and I would like to hear feedback before making such an investment.
She gave me two references.
One of them turned out to be her sister so that was interesting.
But she sounds incredibly gifted and talented. But its a huge investment practically, financially etc and I need to hear more

One of the two references are her sister!?

NO.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 2:16 am
Right that was my husbands reaction.
But I have been around the block and tried many things and I can see she is a competent therapist and seems to have gifted ability to understand and help a child.
Oh but the price is...illogical.
And its all cash.
Anyone used her?

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 2:25 am
Many people have seen amazing success with her (but have robbed the bank to make it work, lol).
She is extremely focused and driven, and gets most kids to succeed.
How old is your DC? Speak to at least 10+ people in that age group and with similar issues.
If you are open to PM I would share more.
FYI there are others in NJ who have similar methodolgy and success.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 2:36 am
Thanks for the info.
How do I find 10 ppl who are my kids age and similar issues?
She really sounds like exactly the type of help im looking for for DD.
Can you email me?
Helpmyhealth1@gmail.com
Thanks!

My husband is very disturbed by the pricing, he sees no logical reason and explanation why its ok to charge those prices. It turns him off. Besides for the fact that its way above my budget. It makes him feel like he is being scammed, he doesn't know if its legit, how can he invest when the prices don't seem logical or anything comparable to average prices.
But maybe what she does is so super special? DD really needs the help

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 3:07 am
1. If you are investing that amount of money, you simply must find 10 people to talk to. Network. As in a shidduch. Ask EH for more references, and then ask each one of those references for more references.

2. It is very important to find people who have similar age child to see how she interacts with that age group.

3. I totally get your DH. I feel very much the same way, but I also know that she has been the right shaliach to help many people. This has to be evaluated on a one on one basis to see what your other options are.

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 3:12 am
You also have to know yourslef if you can commit the follow up. Esther will give you 100% of her focus when you are there, but she'll expect you to commit to the very intense follow up as well.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 3:35 am
I read it, ty. You can delete
Yes id love more options to compare to

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 9:19 am
I used her in conjunction with her sister a few years ago. You had to go twice to her and twice to her sister every week to get accepted. It was brutal financially emotionally and physically and we have not been helped after switching from a method that was working. we switched because the promised magic but it didn't live up to the hype. My child is very special needs so I won't say she is not worth anything for different kids but do your research. Also I'm not sure she is certified in mnri, make sure. You can learn mnri on your own from the books or have someone train you (check their website)and do it with your child it's a nice bonding experience and you can do it anytime!

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 9:22 am
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
I used her in conjunction with her sister a few years ago. You had to go twice to her and twice to her sister every week to get accepted. It was brutal financially emotionally and physically and we have not been helped after switching from a method that was working. we switched because the promised magic but it didn't live up to the hype. My child is very special needs so I won't say she is not worth anything for different kids but do your research. Also I'm not sure she is certified in mnri, make sure. You can learn mnri on your own from the books or have someone train you (check their website)and do it with your child it's a nice bonding experience and you can do it anytime!

The one that gives references? Rolling Eyes

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 5:00 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:

Op here
Same question!

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 12:56 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for the info.
How do I find 10 ppl who are my kids age and similar issues?
She really sounds like exactly the type of help im looking for for DD.
Can you email me?
Helpmyhealth1@gmail.com
Thanks!

My husband is very disturbed by the pricing, he sees no logical reason and explanation why its ok to charge those prices. It turns him off. Besides for the fact that its way above my budget. It makes him feel like he is being scammed, he doesn't know if its legit, how can he invest when the prices don't seem logical or anything comparable to average prices.
But maybe what she does is so super special? DD really needs the help

I emailed you.

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 1:07 am
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
sorry I got mixed up it was her cousin Bracha Bucholtz. She's a pt and very nice. I don't know anything about her sister. Maybe her sister did the training that's why she is recommending?

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 6:14 am
As a parent of an ADHD child I'd like to understand what results are we looking for here?
and
What kind of guarantee do you get [which may justify] the exorbitant fee?

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 9:01 pm
OP did you end up using her? If so could you share your thoughts about her? Im also looking for an OT trained in these fields if anyone has any good suggestions I would appreciate it.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 9:21 pm
I didn't try it, I wasnt comfortable with the pricing for the service, or even the eval

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 5:46 am
Did you find anyone else?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 6:46 am
Can someone give a ball park figure for how much Esther charges?

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 9:18 am
Just hearing about her. has anyone used her and had success?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 11:54 am
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
Can someone give a ball park figure for how much Esther charges?

$1150 for an eval ( 2 hours)
$450 for weekly follow ups (2 hours)
Daily homework that you or hire someone to do with the child for 30-45 minutes a day. Its a must.

Its a huge investment, definitely for desperate people, and if it works. Your very lucky. I heard nice things, but not enough to pull me to spend these prices.

I found a different person who also does reflex work that works on healing the child. $250 eval and $125 a weekly session. That's what I am trying now
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)