Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
What outerwear for Shabbos

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 7:47 am
What do you wear on Shabbos and YT when the weather turns a bit chilly?

I have my trusty trench coat that I want to retire and anyway is too sporty looking.

I have a puffer for winter and a thinner one for walking/ the car etc.

What do people wear to shul etc?

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 7:52 am
Wool or fur.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 7:54 am
A zip up fleece.

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 7:58 am
When I was growing up, everyone had a Shabbos coat; getting one for the first time was like a mark of maturity (I think I was 10 or 11.) But lately, I'm not seeing them anymore. Whatever you wear during the week, you wear in Shabbos, and the weekday coats are more sedate than the used to be. The teenage girls will often wear hoodies, which baffles me.

meme6

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 7:59 am
Either a wool cap or a wool Shabbos coat.

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 8:04 am
I have a big scarf for when there's just a small draft out, and a thicker black and white herringbone jacket for when it's cooler. I used to have a thicker black jacket for the real winter months, but it wasn't thick enough to keep me warm so I just use my black and white.

cnc

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 8:05 am
A black cape/ throw for chilly weather .

A coat for cold weather

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 8:47 am
A wool cape for chilly fall. For cold winter, my coat is fur with down sleeves & I wear it during the week and shabbos. I also have a wool shabbos coat but it's not so warm.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 10:03 am
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
When I was growing up, everyone had a Shabbos coat; getting one for the first time was like a mark of maturity (I think I was 10 or 11.) But lately, I'm not seeing them anymore. Whatever you wear during the week, you wear in Shabbos, and the weekday coats are more sedate than the used to be. The teenage girls will often wear hoodies, which baffles me.

Probably depends where you live. I always bought my kids shabbos coats since they were babies. I find where I live it’s about half and half. Actually I never really noticed, now I’ll have to pay more attention. Really acceptable either way. I just personally like the look Smile

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 10:04 am
Btw if anyone has any links to nice dressy jackets or coats, I’m looking for a new one. Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics