Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Chol hamoed overnight trip four hours or less from NY

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 12:56 pm
Any suggestions of ideas of a trip we can do, not more than four hour drive away from NYC? Thinking of doing a two day trip. Obviously needs to be in a location where the attractions are open despite the pandemic.

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 12:59 pm
https://betweencarpools.com/wh.....rbor/

snooper86

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 3:38 pm
Following

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 3:46 pm
FYI, shuls in Baltimore announced last night that visitors can only participate if they have a negative covid test result prior to their visit. Some shuls aren't even opening up buildings and have only outdoor minyanim available.
Also, be aware in MD that masks are mandated by the governor and are non negotiable in an indoor place. You will not be allowed into any store without one, whether it is a Jewish one or not.
ETA: no reason to hug my post. I am thankful for these rules. If you show up in Baltimore expecting regular access to shuls or city attractions with leniency in regards to masks or SD you are going to be disappointed. Better to have a heads up.
And btw, if you decide to shop in the big kosher grocery stores, such as seven mile market...boy are they strict about enforcing the safety guidelines. Be forewarned.

amother
Pearl

Post Fri, Oct 02 2020, 2:23 pm
In bushkill sawcreekestates May have a minyan. You can find info on godaven. There are homes for rent on Airbnb

For Chabad of the mountains minyan there are many homes on Airbnb within 10-15 min drive.

amother
Brunette

Post Fri, Oct 02 2020, 3:12 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
In bushkill sawcreekestates May have a minyan. You can find info on godaven. There are homes for rent on Airbnb

For Chabad of the mountains minyan there are many homes on Airbnb within 10-15 min drive.

can u point me in the direction of these airbnbs near chabad of the mountain? what city would they be in

amother
Pearl

Post Fri, Oct 02 2020, 4:53 pm
Look up arrowhead lake or locust lake in the Pocono Lake area. I never did this before but according to waze it looks nearby
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics