Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Tell me about HASC

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 1:35 pm
Hi I’m looking for school options for my preschooler. 3yr old was evaluated and they are recommending an integrated class, speech, ot, play therapy. “Smart” but needs therapies. Does Hasc sound like a good fit? What can you tell me about their program ? What’s your experience there?

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 2:31 pm
I sent my daughter there last year, and she is continuing at HASC this year too. She is KA"H smart too but is a bit developmentally delayed and needed therapies to help her catch up. BH she has made tremendous progress, and we've seen great improvement.

Her teachers (both last year and this year) are amazing and very dedicated. She enjoys school so much.
At first, we were nervous too about sending her as she not special needs, however, she was placed in a class of 12, which is for kids who have similar issues to hers and the class is on her level.

Aside from attending individual therapy, the class as a whole is geared towards helping the kids gain the skills they need, whether it's how to react / manage difficult situations, fine motor skills, sensory, etc.

The school is under the Board of Ed, so it's not only for Jewish kids, but the majority of kids are Jewish, however, their curriculum is not like a regular Jewish preschool because of it. (They do try to incorporate whatever they can into therapies, for example, if the child needs to learn how to hold a crayon properly during OT, they can color a picture about the upcoming Yom Tov.)

Most children from the bigger classes can eventually return to a regular school or Yeshiva after a couple of years. That is the goal for my daughter too.

If you have any more specific questions, feel free to ask.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 2:39 pm
So do they learn about shabbos, davening, brachas or anything like that?

cnc

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 2:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So do they learn about shabbos, davening, brachas or anything like that?

They have an after hours program where they learn about these things. Legally there can’t be religious instruction during the regular program.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers