Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
Cant afford a sukkah
Previous  1  2  3

Raisin

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 8:43 am
I am so sorry amother. If you can set up a paypal account perhaps people can give you money without your husband knowing. Maybe say you have a new part time job online that is bringing in a little money. (perhaps someone here really does need an online worker??)

My friend bought a gazebo from argos that she adapted into a sukkah somehow.

Make yummy food for yom tov that is not expensive, challah, seasonal veg soup, meatballs or some other dish that stretches the meat. You don't need a ton of food for yom tov. Just think of it as a regular meal plus challah.

Good luck!!!

BadTichelDay

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:37 am
If you have a paypal account, I'd chip in a bit, too. Feel free to pm me.

And my dh has experience with DIY odd sukkah building for other people - when I mentioned your problem to him he said if he can see pictures of where you would want to build your sukkah (like your balcony, parking lot, garden etc. whatever it is ) he could come up with tips on how to improvise low-cost.

Another mom

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 11:33 am
I don't like the idea of saying you got a new job, but the Rabbi (not the official one) idea is nice- plus the idea to send something to the grocery store.
YIsher Koach everyone here. Touching!!!

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 1:03 pm
Raisin wrote:
I am so sorry amother. If you can set up a paypal account perhaps people can give you money without your husband knowing. Maybe say you have a new part time job online that is bringing in a little money. (perhaps someone here really does need an online worker??)

I pay $50-$100 in referral fees for people who refer coaching clients to me by word of mouth - and you’d get a free coaching session out of it so you can authentically choose to refer me (or not!).

UK clients are fine and I can pay you in GBP. OP, if you are interested in this, please email transformationcoaching700@gmail.com.

(I apologize if this type of post is not allowed - mods, please delete it that’s the case).

rainbow dash

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 6:48 pm
There is an organization in London called mission. Try them.and maybe ask around if noone is using their succha if you could borrow it.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 1:35 pm
My mom is making a suka on the trampoline. Maybe somewhere nearby there's a way?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 1:53 pm
Hi everyone!

I'm so touched with all your responses! I just wanted to update you - dh got paid yesterday and we contacted someone who deals with sukkahs he managed to arrange a little mini one for us bh bh! It's big enough for dh to sit in!!

So grateful to all of your suggestions. I am at the moment working full time (and pregnant!) So cant really pretend any money's coming in from another job. I also wouldnt feel comfortable not being straight with my husband.

I know you all seem worried about us and our kids and just want to assure you that bh our kids go to bed each night with full tummys. That is 100% our priority before anything. We bh get by each month be it with a great stretch. The humiliation it would bring my husband to be on the receiving end for help is not worth it for him and he prefers to struggle his way through the month. Bh we know it's only a couple more years until his completed studying for his profession.

Hashems helped us until now and hes not going to let us down now! I keep saying how grateful we are to go through this - it gives us such a huge appreciation for each small thing we are able to buy with ease!

Sometimes tho, like when I started this post, my nerves do get the better of me!!

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 2:49 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
I would also like to help if I can.

This time last year, I was looking at getting evicted from my apartment, and had no where to go. B'H, all of those troubles have been resolved, thanks to Hashem and many Imamothers who helped me in my time of need.

If I can pay it forward it would be my honor.

Me too ...
I gave up on receiving the stimilus months ago and a Covid Keren gave me a ck
The stimilus just appeared in my acct today
Thats a siman I should help someone

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 3:13 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi everyone!

I'm so touched with all your responses! I just wanted to update you - dh got paid yesterday and we contacted someone who deals with sukkahs he managed to arrange a little mini one for us bh bh! It's big enough for dh to sit in!!

So grateful to all of your suggestions. I am at the moment working full time (and pregnant!) So cant really pretend any money's coming in from another job. I also wouldnt feel comfortable not being straight with my husband.

I know you all seem worried about us and our kids and just want to assure you that bh our kids go to bed each night with full tummys. That is 100% our priority before anything. We bh get by each month be it with a great stretch. The humiliation it would bring my husband to be on the receiving end for help is not worth it for him and he prefers to struggle his way through the month. Bh we know it's only a couple more years until his completed studying for his profession.

Hashems helped us until now and hes not going to let us down now! I keep saying how grateful we are to go through this - it gives us such a huge appreciation for each small thing we are able to buy with ease!

Sometimes tho, like when I started this post, my nerves do get the better of me!!

YAY! BH! I’m so happy for you, OP. You told us HaShem would take care of you, and He did!

May you continue be blessed with a parnasa tova, that arrives in dignity and abundance. Have a wonderful Sukkos!

amother
White

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 4:18 pm
I am so impressed by everyone's chesed

littleprincess

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 5:39 pm
I'm so happy to hear that you managed to get a sukka !!
And again your positivity inspires me !!!

Wishing you lots of hatzlucha

ValleyMom

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 8:27 pm
I feel so fortunate to have fallen in with a group of beautiful authentic giving women. All of you inspire to be a better person. Sending virtual hugs to all of you.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics