Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Kept my kids home
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 11:01 pm
dear pink,
no I live in a european country where homeschooling is permitted, but unless you apply for homeschooling and your child is registered at a school (no matter whether state/private...) this rule applies.

I believe every country handles this differnetly and you are correct : a lot of it is just cultural.

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 11:09 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
Masks dont help! Sorry.
Look at Israel everyone wears a mask there. There is a lockdown. Its not helping. We need to start believing that only Hashem has control over what happens.
Look at sweden. Look st egypt. No mask mandates, full open economy. And theynare doing better than the US and Israel and UK...
Dont gt me wrong, corona is aweful and can be deadly but there is nothing we can do besides pray, Unless we all want to lock ourselves in forever. Its been too long, in my humble opinion.

of course they help, but im not going to beat a dead horse

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 11:39 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
of course they help, but im not going to beat a dead horse

Please state one city, state or country that has a mask mandate that the virus disappeared or the numbers are much better than those without? The virus is around for almost a year. To me sweden and egypt are good examples
I'd be happy if you can prove me wrong.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 12:17 am
Please state one city, state or country that has a mask mandate that the virus disappeared or the numbers are much better than those without? The virus is around for almost a year. To me sweden and egypt are good examples
I'd be happy if you can prove me wrong.

Uruguay and Japan.
Sweden is a horrific failure with one of the highest per capita death rates in the world.
South Korea showed us success as well, especially at stopping an outbreak before it became serious.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 12:22 am
sorry posted about an esrog here.

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 4:53 am
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
Uruguay and Japan.
Sweden is a horrific failure with one of the highest per capita death rates in the world.
South Korea showed us success as well, especially at stopping an outbreak before it became serious.

https://www.statista.com/stati.....ants/

America has more deaths per million than sweden. And Sweden is moving down on the list each day as they have herd immunity.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 5:09 am
Sweden despite a disciplined culture had a lot of problms

ggdm

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 5:57 am
It is simply not true that Sweden is open without restrictions. Sweden has a law against gatherings of more than X people (50?). Sweden encourages social distancing and work from home and people do that voluntarily. Restaurants can serve seated customers only and seating must be with space (1m? 1.5m?). The are travel restrictions. And so on. Pretty much the same as reopening laws elsewhere.

And you cannot compare Sweden to New york in terms of population density or culture. Compare to Denmark or Norway or Finland. And in that comparison, Sweden is worse in terms of infections and deaths. And the economy tanked as well, because the world all is interconnected.

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 6:37 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Im not here to argue this. Dr.s claim to have their hands tied but think whats going on is insane. I spoke to a top Dr.
Because kids may not display symptoms and then run around the neighborhood and shop and expose others. Because kids come home and spread disease to high risk parent, because kids spread disease to their teachers. My daughters teacher is highly pregnant and currently very sick.
I can go on and on but im not here for argument just was wondering if others kept home

You spoke to one doctor, and that means all doctors agree with that one? What does that even mean, their hands are tied? Doctors were not the ones to decide whether or not schools could open. Schools may have turned to local doctors for help with a viable plan for opening, are you saying many doctors didn’t want to help form such a plan but did so anyway?
Adults can also be asymptomatic. Adults also shop and go here and there and can expose people. Adults can also spread it to high risk people.
Do you know for sure that your daughters teacher got it from a student at school?
We all need to be careful, but it is incumbent on the high risk to take extra precautions.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 6:50 am
Agree sapphire

for sure this is a once in a century pandemic of great concern obviously

at the same time yes we need to look at facts on the ground; we did not have them in march but have more info now

we need to be storming the heavens and looking upwards rather than fingerpointing out of fear and misguided idea that any of us can truly know

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 6:52 am
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
My uncle succumbed to the disease and was niftar today. Crying

Baruch Dayan Haemes, I’m so sorry for your loss Crying Sad

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 7:01 am
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
We wouldnt have to shut down if people had common sense & wore masks in situations where they couldnt social distance and didnt host/attend large events.
Every smart human, doctor or otherwise, understands that.

its the rest of the people that are the problem, their busy screaming no precautions no lockdown no middle way what do you expect is going to happen?

And....you know....followed the regulations....
Just this week, my son’s school, which already has plexiglass around all the desks and keeps classes separate, etc., decided that everyone must wear masks AT ALL TIMES while on campus. Yes, they can be pulled down to take a break or to eat and drink, but in general they should be worn all day. Compare this to the number of schools that are not following any regulations at all....just in this thread alone, you see people posting about others going to out KNOWING they are sick, with or without symptoms. Seriously???? How hard is it to stay home when you’re sick????
My belief is that schools should all go remote for a full two weeks following succot vacation. This way, those who will get sick won’t expose entire classes, and hopefully schools will be able to remain open. Perhaps I am living in a dream world and it actually IS happening in my neighborhood, but I can’t imagine people knowingly going out when they have tested positive or have symptoms, or allowing their kids to do so.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 7:47 am
https://www.statista.com/statistics/1104709/coronavirus-deaths-worldwide-per-million-inhabitants/

America has more deaths per million than sweden. And Sweden is moving down on the list each day as they have herd immunity.

I apologize they must have just overtaken them in the last few days but they are still exceedingly high. They are a horrible example. AND and locked themselves up more than Americans during the lockdown and they still had some serious nursing home and school problems.

That doesn't change the successful countries of Uruguay and Japan (and Tokyo, Japan has a greater population denisty than NYC)....

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 7:48 am
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Agree sapphire

for sure this is a once in a century pandemic of great concern obviously

at the same time yes we need to look at facts on the ground; we did not have them in march but have more info now

we need to be storming the heavens and looking upwards rather than fingerpointing out of fear and misguided idea that any of us can truly know

Facts shows us superspreading is a major part of the outbreak and masks are effective. Yet here we are continuing to engage in superspreading events and not wearing masks. Hashem has shown us what works for now but some are not paying attention. And yes, we still nees to daven.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics