Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Could this be possible
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 12:36 pm
DH tested positive
10days later he still tested positive and positive for antibodies

I tested negative and negative for antibodies
I haven’t been careful around him, at all.

It was a drive through test nasal, mouth and blood

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 12:39 pm
So funny I just talked to someone about this minute ago. She runs an urgent care. She said it's a false negative. Presume your positive. Quarantine for 14 days. Do not retest.

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 12:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
DH tested positive
10days later he still tested positive and positive for antibodies

I tested negative and negative for antibodies
I haven’t been careful around him, at all.

It was a drive through test nasal, mouth and blood

You can still test positive months after being sick and recovering. I know people that were sick in March and were still testing positive in June.

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 12:41 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
You can still test positive months after being sick and recovering. I know people that were sick in March and were still testing positive in June.

This is what I would say too... I would assume all tests are accurate and your husband had covid a while ago already
if he didn't test positive for antibodies it would be a diff story

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 12:44 pm
DELETED

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 12:44 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
So funny I just talked to someone about this minute ago. She runs an urgent care. She said it's a false negative. Presume your positive. Quarantine for 14 days. Do not retest.

Since it’s negative can I count the days that I already quarantined. It’s been 10days
The test was drive through
I went straight from house tocar and only encountered the person testing.

NotInNJMommy

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 12:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Since it’s negative can I count the days that I already quarantined. It’s been 10days
The test was drive through
I went straight from house tocar and only encountered the person testing.

Since dh wasn't in isolation from you, you probably need to start the count from the last day he had symptoms...

farmom

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 12:58 pm
Some people don't infect others. And some are super spreaders. It's weird and they haven't figured out why that is
Although it could also be a false negative

Miri1

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 12:59 pm
Did your husband ever have symptoms?

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 1:24 pm
Yes, this can be... some people don't catch it, even when around infected people, even with few precautions... However, if you were not infected today, it does not mean you are sure not to be infected tomorrow...

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 4:59 am
Miri1 wrote:
Did your husband ever have symptoms?

Both of us have mild symptoms
DH- nasal congestion, headache, fatigue, occasionally (2xaday) cough
Me- earache and ringing diareah, nausea, headache, fatigue.

This is what is so strange. He first tested positive. I quarantined with him.
We heard after 5-6 days you are no longer contagious and wanted to try to get a double negative test.
We went from the house to the car to the drive through back to the house

If it lingers on for months on end - are we suppose to quarantine for months on end
Maybe those that are not testing after symptoms are the ones spreading the disease

I always heard you need to get a negative test 2x

BTW- when DH first got tested he did NOT have antibodies. 10 days later he DOES.
I am negative for COVID andANTIBODIES

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 5:05 am
I had typical COVID symtoms in March and people around ne tested positive but I never tested positive for antibodies.

By typical I mean low grade fever, cough, chest pain/tightness/burning, mild shortness of breath, diarrhea, chills, fogginess, exhaustion, weight loss.

My doctor told me I can still assume I had the virus because I had symptoms but that people who have just headaches, stuffy noses or nausea cannot, even if people around them were positive, because there is a chance they did not get the virus and symptoms that cna easily be attributed to something else don't count.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 6:03 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Both of us have mild symptoms
DH- nasal congestion, headache, fatigue, occasionally (2xaday) cough
Me- earache and ringing diareah, nausea, headache, fatigue.

This is what is so strange. He first tested positive. I quarantined with him.
We heard after 5-6 days you are no longer contagious and wanted to try to get a double negative test.
We went from the house to the car to the drive through back to the house

If it lingers on for months on end - are we suppose to quarantine for months on end
Maybe those that are not testing after symptoms are the ones spreading the disease

I always heard you need to get a negative test 2x

BTW- when DH first got tested he did NOT have antibodies. 10 days later he DOES.
I am negative for COVID andANTIBODIES

5-6 days after onset of symptoms is really early to get a negative.

3-4 days after he has no more fever he is no longer contagious, and it has to be at least 7 days since onset of symptoms.

and yes, he can still have a lingering positive for weeks.

he can rinse his nose with saline / alcohol etc to get rid of lingering covid particles to get a negative test.

Good luck!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 6:23 am
Mama Bear wrote:
5-6 days after onset of symptoms is really early to get a negative.

3-4 days after he has no more fever he is no longer contagious, and it has to be at least 7 days since onset of symptoms.

and yes, he can still have a lingering positive for weeks.

he can rinse his nose with saline / alcohol etc to get rid of lingering covid particles to get a negative test.

Good luck!

The thing is he had No Fever, No shortness of Breath, no real coughing
But if he tests positive for months are we suppose to be quarantined until he gets a double negative

He tested 10 days after onset of symptoms

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 7:44 am
If I were you I'd get tested again. Your symptoms sound like a mild case. My DC had it tested positive last week, and now the whole household has varying light symptoms. We are waiting for our results but I'm assuming they will be positive since we were around a case and we all had some symptoms.

I only had some congestion, diarrhea, headache, but the most telling symptoms was chest pressure. DH experienced totally different symptoms, like fever, chills, body ache, some cough more like DC.....

also symptoms are constantly changing and coming and going, it's very strange

bottom line I really think you should retest

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 7:50 am
OP, it sounds like you both have it, but a milder case. Not everyone gets every single symptom listed in Google.

(Lucky me, I got all of them! Confused )

Count your blessings, and stay home. At least you have each other.

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 8:14 am
I can't speak for the antibodies....
It's possible you both had asymptomatic cases, and are testing positive, but that the symptoms you have are a different cold.

However, on the assumption that this is an active case of covid:

You really should get medical advice before assuming anything.
CDC guidelines indicate that there is no need for testing negative as long as 10 days have passed from symptom onset, you are fever free for 24 hours, and you are on the mend. Symptoms do not have to be resolved.

The two negative tests are required should someone want to end quarantine BEFORE the end of ten days. It isn't very practical because you need to have improvement of symptoms, no fever, do the tests a day apart, and also have the results back... not sure how many people pull that off before the regular 10 quarantine is over.

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 10:21 am
OP, you need to stay quarantined now and then quarantine for an additional 14 days starting from the end of your husband's isolation (the technical term used for someone who tested positive for the virus). He is required to isolate for 10 days following symptom onset OR 3 days after his symptoms abated, whichever is LONGER.

This is as per my doctor yesterday.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 10:25 am
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
I can't speak for the antibodies....
It's possible you both had asymptomatic cases, and are testing positive, but that the symptoms you have are a different cold.

However, on the assumption that this is an active case of covid:

You really should get medical advice before assuming anything.
CDC guidelines indicate that there is no need for testing negative as long as 10 days have passed from symptom onset, you are fever free for 24 hours, and you are on the mend. Symptoms do not have to be resolved.

The two negative tests are required should someone want to end quarantine BEFORE the end of ten days. It isn't very practical because you need to have improvement of symptoms, no fever, do the tests a day apart, and also have the results back... not sure how many people pull that off before the regular 10 quarantine is over.

I hear all this
I’m getting med advise
My question is more
If ppl are still testing positive for months on end
How do we know that they are not actually spreading
And
If we need to wait for a double negative we would need to quarantine for months on end?
Just an example
I’m double negative with no antibodies BUT I can’t ever leave quarantine because DH is STILL testing positive-what if he keeps testing positive for months

BTW- my husband got a phone call from where he got tested saying he’s not clear until he tests 2x negative

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 1:18 pm
becuase once a person is no longer symptomatic they are no longer contagious. there are leftover dead cells in his respiratory system that are picked up by the tests.
The tests are extremely unreliable. they were produced in haste when the virus started spreading bc something was needed really quickly. They are really not reliable at all.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics