Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
ISO Similar Websites where politics can be discussed
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 8:57 pm
Are there any similar websites, where politics can be discussed?

Im not dieing to post anything specific, but I miss hearing opinions of how the debate went, from people from similar backgrounds.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 9:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Are there any similar websites, where politics can be discussed?

Im not dieing to post anything specific, but I miss hearing opinions of how the debate went, from people from similar backgrounds.

What do you mean by similar backgrounds? It's not like the politics section here was from like minded people...
I enjoy thedonald.win a very pro Trump site. If you want more left try /r/politics on Reddit.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 9:24 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
What do you mean by similar backgrounds? It's not like the politics section here was from like minded people...

Here I believe were all Sabbath Observant. Isnt that true? And theres rules for language used.

amother [ Rose ] wrote:
I enjoy thedonald.win a very pro Trump site. If you want more left try /r/politics on Reddit.

I just took a look at thedonald.win and theres overuse of the F word. Also it looks a bit disorganized and hard to follow. But I may have to get used to it, because of the pause here. Any clean language Trump-leaning sites?

North Star

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 9:47 pm
I really miss the politics section.
Am I allowed to post that? I don’t want to get into a discussion on politics. Just that I miss it here. Imamother was my favorite place to read up on politics BECAUSE of the opposing viewpoints.

I’m a Trump supporter. But as much as I follow Fox News, Daily Wire, listen to Ben Shapiro’s podcasts, etc. I want to hear the opposing views too. I don’t care for an echo chamber. I love the back and forth.

On another (non Jewish) message board I’m on, it is so heavily liberal, but they’re just vicious to any Republican. There’s never a back and forth debate, because if you say anything slightly leaning right they mock you and don’t listen to a word you say until you’re completely shut down.

Imamother is so respectful in my opinion compared to the others. I love reading thought out debates from both sides. I have never found anywhere else like it.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 10:13 pm
North Star wrote:
I really miss the politics section.
Am I allowed to post that? I don’t want to get into a discussion on politics. Just that I miss it here. Imamother was my favorite place to read up on politics BECAUSE of the opposing viewpoints.

I’m a Trump supporter. But as much as I follow Fox News, Daily Wire, listen to Ben Shapiro’s podcasts, etc. I want to hear the opposing views too. I don’t care for an echo chamber. I love the back and forth.

On another (non Jewish) message board I’m on, it is so heavily liberal, but they’re just vicious to any Republican. There’s never a back and forth debate, because if you say anything slightly leaning right they mock you and don’t listen to a word you say until you’re completely shut down.

Imamother is so respectful in my opinion compared to the others. I love reading thought out debates from both sides. I have never found anywhere else like it.

You joined imamother on August 24, 2020 and the politics section was closed two weeks later on September 7. Curious that you have such a strong opinion about it. Anyway, there was a lot of disrespect and lack of civility on that forum. It was not enjoyable to many of us.

Many people blocked the forum, but really blocking the forum doesn't help when you know there are posters who had just joined imamother and were vilifying members of this site, making up lies and spreading propaganda about us, because we held certain political beliefs. I'm not sure if all the posters were legit or not, but if they were legit, then they were unknowingly spreading propaganda. It had become a toxic forum.

North Star

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 10:18 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:

You joined imamother on August 24, 2020 and the politics section was closed two weeks later on September 7. Curious that you have such a strong opinion about it. Anyway, there was a lot of disrespect and lack of civility on that forum. It was not enjoyable to many of us.

Many people blocked the forum, but really blocking the forum doesn't help when you know there are posters who had just joined imamother and were vilifying members of this site, making up lies and spreading propaganda about us, because we held certain political beliefs. I'm not sure if all the posters were legit or not, but if they were legit, then they were unknowingly spreading propaganda. It had become a toxic forum.

Hi, Lawngreen. It used to be a public forum. I haven’t posted here much yet but I really enjoyed it and learned a lot from reading both sides.

I can imagine that people that actually posted and got attacked felt differently, just as I got a jolt now from your post questioning me. So I understand why it’s temporarily closed. But I do miss it. I didn’t think that would be bad to say.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 10:22 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:

So if it was by and large new members causing the serious disagreement, why not limit the Politics threads to those who have been on the site for at least 2 years or something like that?

1ofbillions

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 10:23 pm
North Star wrote:
Hi, Lawngreen. It used to be a public forum. I haven’t posted here much yet but I really enjoyed it and learned a lot from reading both sides.

I can imagine that people that actually posted and got attacked felt differently, just as I got a jolt now from your post questioning me. So I understand why it’s temporarily closed. But I do miss it. I didn’t think that would be bad to say.

Welcome to the site! I’m sorry you were greeted in such an aggressive, attacking way. I appreciate you sharing your positive experience with the politics forum. It’s cool to hear others’ perspectives.

ExtraCredit

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 10:25 pm
North Star wrote:

I, for one, blocked it. The yelling from both sides just gave me a migraine. Plus it bored me. Not unlike last night’s debate. But I can understand that those who enjoy politics are very annoyed that it’s closed now at the height of the elections season. It’s like we should ban covid threads now. On second thought, it wouldn’t be so bad. Maybe that’s coming down next. As long as they leave the games around I’m good.

Last edited by ExtraCredit on Wed, Sep 30 2020, 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 10:29 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
As long as they leave the games around I’m good.

Not me. I barely ever open up a game thread.

ExtraCredit

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 10:31 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Not me. I barely ever open up a game thread.

I totally get why you are annoyed that an entire subject was banned. Takes away part of the enjoyment. I guess they had no choice.

North Star

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 10:33 pm
Lol yes leave the games!
And thanks 1ofbillions!

youngishbear

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 12:17 am
Every time the politics issue comes up on this site, I maintain that for some of us it's the only safe place to discuss these topics.

1. Frum
2. Female
3. Anonymous

Not to mention the obvious #4, that it's online, leaving our real-life relationships intact in these politically charged times.

singleagain

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 2:06 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So if it was by and large new members causing the serious disagreement, why not limit the Politics threads to those who have been on the site for at least 2 years or something like that?

Yael (The admin) has placed a policy of HCCQ posts in politics https://www.imamother.com/foru.....04738

However, over the high holy days she opted to have it closed at times https://www.imamother.com/foru.....04346

Unfortunately, her father passed away over Yom Kippur. https://www.imamother.com/foru.....05168

This has led to a decision to keep politics closed for now.

Rappel

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 2:19 am
All true, singleagain. I hope Yael will take all the time she needs to mourn.

And yet, on a completely unrelated note, it would have been nice to see some HQCC discussion after the debate. (Yes, Fox and SixofWands, I'm looking at you.)

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 5:06 am
singleagain wrote:
Yael (The admin) has placed a policy of HCCQ posts in politics https://www.imamother.com/foru.....04738

However, over the high holy days she opted to have it closed at times https://www.imamother.com/foru.....04346

Unfortunately, her father passed away over Yom Kippur. https://www.imamother.com/foru.....05168

This has led to a decision to keep politics closed for now.

Health care communication questions?

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 5:07 am
Rappel wrote:
All true, singleagain. I hope Yael will take all the time she needs to mourn.

And yet, on a completely unrelated note, it would have been nice to see some HQCC discussion after the debate. (Yes, Fox and SixofWands, I'm looking at you.)

Health quality and complaints commission?
BTW, I'm serious, though insomniac so not so coherent. Thanks.

nchr

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 5:08 am
ExtraCredit wrote:
I, for one, blocked it. The yelling from both sides just gave me a migraine. Plus it bored me. Not unlike last night’s debate. But I can understand that those who enjoy politics are very annoyed that it’s closed now at the height of the elections season. It’s like we should ban covid threads now. On second thought, it wouldn’t be so bad. Maybe that’s coming down next. As long as they leave the games around I’m good.

Why the need to block a forum? Can't you just only open threads that interest you?

singleagain

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 5:10 am
A High Quality Content Contributor (HQCC)

Apologies, I awoke suddenly at 4, after falling asleep after 1.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 5:13 am
Agree with you 100% northstar!!

Thank you for voicing what so many of us feel!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics