Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
PSA - a negative test DOES NOT undo the need to quarantine!
Previous  1  2

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 9:54 am
NotInNJMommy wrote:
There were studies earlier this year (or late last year) when COVID first hit the world that incubation could take up to 14 days to show symptoms. (although most people cvs would show symptoms around day 5) That was the basis for the quarantine requirement (all over, not just in NYS) of 14 days.

I know that what they said but most I hear after exposure if they devoped symptoms it was more by day 7-8 or before that's why I was wondering

NotInNJMommy

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 10:00 am
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
I know that what they said but most I hear after exposure if they devoped symptoms it was more by day 7-8 or before that's why I was wondering

Yes, that's what the data said, more likely sooner (in the first week), but enough likelihood that it could take up to 14 days, so in order to cover statistically as much as would be appropriate (based on risks), they decided 14 days covered the right amount of statistical likelihood.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 10:19 am
follow your country, some allow esp for an emergency

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 4:11 pm
Elfrida wrote:
Where does this information come from? The latest nohal that I read from Misrad HaBriut stated a working assumption of six months for antibodies, and that practically speaking anyone who has been infected and recovered is not required to isolate after exposure, regardless of the time period elapsed.

I guess it was lengthened to 6 months at one point. In June the rule was 3 months. It was probably extended after that.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 4:12 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
I am just curious did it actually take anyone 14 days after exposure to start showing symptoms? I am not against quarantine testing or anything like that just curious. Like it seems like more people get it like seven to eight days after being exposed if that long unless you get it and didn't even know you were exposed then you didn't know how long it took to get it.

Purim time, ppl started showing symptoms around 5 days after purim.

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 4:15 pm
WhatFor wrote:
Not to throw a wrench in the thread but also if you have symptoms and get a negative test, please quarantine. I know ppl who tested negative for COVID and had symptoms and were later positive for antibodies.

I mean, if someone has sick symptoms they should anyway not be socializing regardless of if they have COVID but it seems a lot of people don't really care....

THIS.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics