Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Covid twice

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 10:32 am
anyone got covid for the second time?when did you get it the first time

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 11:06 am
The researchers can't really agree on this one, because the data is not conclusive.

The only known and proven cases of a second infection are when a person had the first infection genetically sequenced. When he got it again in a different country, he got another strain that was also sequenced and proven to be a separate, secondary infection.

What we don't know, is if Corona can sometimes lie dormant, and then flare up again, even months later. We don't know anything about antibodies, because they wear off from different people, at different rates. You can have antibodies one week, and none the next. You can have antibodies, and test positive. You can have false positive tests for Corona or for antibodies, or both.

Basically, we know nothing. Never assume you know what's going on with this virus. That's why it's being called a "novel" virus. It's not like anything we've ever seen before.

Stay home, stay safe, be careful when outside.

Even if it turns out that all you have is the common flu, get some rest and keep your mask up. Nobody wants the flu either!

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 12:56 pm
My husband definitely had it pesach time and now has just taken a test as he was in contact with someone who tested positive and he started feeling unwell...

I'll update you as soon as I know if it was a positive test.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics