Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
*Covid 19* *Safe Space* to discuss lifting restrictions
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 11:29 pm
Thank you all for your support!

We are still doing our best to SD, wear masks when out in public, etc.
DC will be starting daycare in a small group IYH.
We will continue to be careful.

I hope everyone has a happy healthy (physically and mentally) new yearšŸ˜˜

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 11:31 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
Actually pretty much. Maybe saw other kids 10 times until I started school at 4 but some children wouldn't be ok wifh that.

& your an only child?

No siblings?

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 11:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
& your an only child?

No siblings?

At the time, yes becauaw sibling was born BH when I was in preschool. BH we are very close.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 11:37 pm
Until the age of 4.5 since I'm the oldest.

Maybe your an introvert like me šŸ˜‚

However, My child HAD been in daycare until covid hit & was used to spending the day with other little children.

Spending the day with me doing all sorts of activities is NOT his thing, unless of course there are other children there, too, as weā€™ve learned Smile

Just saying this is not about me

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 11:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Maybe your an introvert like me šŸ˜‚

However, My child HAD been in daycare until covid hit & was used to spending the day with other little children.

Spending the day with me doing all sorts of activities is NOT his thing, unless of course there are other children there, too, as weā€™ve learned Smile

Just saying this is not about me

I agree with you - Just wanted to respond to your question (posed to a different poster) since there are kids who can do well like that. I have a child who only plays by myself in his room and isn't interested in anything else - he's like me. My other kids are more social like DH.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 11:42 pm
I agree with you - Just wanted to respond to your question (posed to a different poster) since there are kids who can do well like that. I have a child who only plays by myself in his room and isn't interested in anything else - he's like me. My other kids are more social like DH.

Understood.

Dh isnā€™t social either.
Compared to him, Iā€™m social šŸ˜‚

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 8:22 pm
Iā€™m back.

Our child finally started daycare again in September.

With all the new cases, dh wants him to stop going.

1) I really donā€™t know what this will do to my child. He really needs the other children. Honestly, I donā€™t think I can do this again.

2) most of the childcare will be on me. DH ā€œofferedā€ to assist with childcare for 1-2 hours a day. Did I mention I work full time? (Or as full time as Covid allows)

He is in a very small group, but I donā€™t know if the other parents are taking precautions.
+ the fact that my child NEEDS other people, he thrives on it. Heā€™s a social butterfly if youā€™ve ever seen one.
All the activities I try to do with him and he shows no interest in, he will do happily if he has other children to do it with.

At a loss here, people. Help!

At wits end

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 3:49 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Iā€™m back.

Our child finally started daycare again in September.

With all the new cases, dh wants him to stop going.

1) I really donā€™t know what this will do to my child. He really needs the other children. Honestly, I donā€™t think I can do this again.

2) most of the childcare will be on me. DH ā€œofferedā€ to assist with childcare for 1-2 hours a day. Did I mention I work full time? (Or as full time as Covid allows)

He is in a very small group, but I donā€™t know if the other parents are taking precautions.
+ the fact that my child NEEDS other people, he thrives on it. Heā€™s a social butterfly if youā€™ve ever seen one.
All the activities I try to do with him and he shows no interest in, he will do happily if he has other children to do it with.

At a loss here, people. Help!

At wits end

Can you try and find other moms that are being careful? Or one other family? And you can switch off watching the children? Or even a group with a caretaker who is being careful?

NotInNJMommy

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 5:04 am
What is the consequence if heaven forbid the child were exposed and you all had to quarantine? Can dh not work at all? Would you start losing your minds? Do you have more concerns about having a more difficult time with Covid? What are the rates like in your area and how careful do you think his peersā€™ families are being?

That would probably factor in to the risk/benefit trade off.

Goldie613

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 5:38 am
Have you spoken to your daycare to see what they are doing to keep the kids safe? One I know does temp checks as the kids/staff arrive (as in, they literally don't enter the building without being checked) , keep the kids seated further apart from each other, have the staff wear masks, the kids wash their hands often, and there is no sharing of crayons, markers, scissors, etc. This is in a group for 2 and 3 years olds.

In short, whatever can be done, they are doing.

If your daycare is doing enough, you may feel comfortable keeping your child there longer. If not, as others have suggested, you may be able to form a pod or playgroup with just one or two other families who are just as careful as you and your family are.

It's not easy - at my end we are no longer planning for this lasting a few months, but rather assuming that we are looking at the rest of the school year at a minimum. Hug

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 12:33 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:
What is the consequence if heaven forbid the child were exposed and you all had to quarantine? Can dh not work at all? Would you start losing your minds? Do you have more concerns about having a more difficult time with Covid? What are the rates like in your area and how careful do you think his peersā€™ families are being?

That would probably factor in to the risk/benefit trade off.

Well, we don't want to GET covid, so that would be a pretty big consequence, if you know what I mean. (if you dont, I dont know why your responded to this post. I made it pretty clear (and I said it kindly) in my OP that I am taking covid seriously, & how if you cant relate, to please not bother responding)

if you are sincere, ill respond to the rest of your post.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 12:34 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
Can you try and find other moms that are being careful? Or one other family? And you can switch off watching the children? Or even a group with a caretaker who is being careful?

unfortunately, I dont know anyone else who is being careful Sad

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 12:39 pm
Goldie613 wrote:
Have you spoken to your daycare to see what they are doing to keep the kids safe? One I know does temp checks as the kids/staff arrive (as in, they literally don't enter the building without being checked) , keep the kids seated further apart from each other, have the staff wear masks, the kids wash their hands often, and there is no sharing of crayons, markers, scissors, etc. This is in a group for 2 and 3 years olds.

In short, whatever can be done, they are doing.

If your daycare is doing enough, you may feel comfortable keeping your child there longer. If not, as others have suggested, you may be able to form a pod or playgroup with just one or two other families who are just as careful as you and your family are.

It's not easy - at my end we are no longer planning for this lasting a few months, but rather assuming that we are looking at the rest of the school year at a minimum. Hug

my child wouldn't listen to any of the above instructions, so realistically would probably be sent home from a daycare with those restrictions.

I dont know anyone who is being careful, thats why when I finally "broke" I "mingled" with ONE other family, even though I knew they werent being careful, but they were the only ones we got together with for a while. Right now, Im pretty sure they were exposed at least once (at least one of the children in school) and I dont think they are doing anything different, so even that is off the table now. My one less-than-ideal option is not even an option anymore.

NotInNJMommy

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 12:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Well, we don't want to GET covid, so that would be a pretty big consequence, if you know what I mean. (if you dont, I dont know why your responded to this post. I made it pretty clear (and I said it kindly) in my OP that I am taking covid seriously, & how if you cant relate, to please not bother responding)

if you are sincere, ill respond to the rest of your post.

I was not being snarky. I apologize if it came off that way. I obviously don't want to get sick and am doing a lot bzh in my hishtadlus to prevent that, but BH my household doesn't have any major pre-existing conditions, etc. so I don't have those added known risks to consider. I also am an essential worker who cannot work from home, but I do not work in health care and in close proximity with people. So, that also goes into how I weigh different risks.

It's clear you are careful and like any reasonable person, don't want to get sick.

You don't even need to respond to me. I was just describing things I also have considered weighing the risks/benefits of different choices for my family re: COVID, in case that was helpful to you.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 12:44 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:
I was not being snarky. I obviously don't want to get sick and am doing a lot bzh in my hishtadlus to prevent that, but BH my household doesn't have any major pre-existing conditions, etc.

It's clear you are careful and like any reasonable, don't want to get sick.

You don't even need to respond to me. I was just describing things I also have considered weighing the risks/benefits of different choices for my family re: COVID, in case that was helpful to you.

thank you for clarifying! Smile

Quote:
Do you have more concerns about having a more difficult time with Covid?

yes, I have (legitimate) concerns about dh having a more difficult time with Covid. He has a preexisting condition, that may or may not make him majorly at risk.

Quote:
What are the rates like in your area and how careful do you think his peersā€™ families are being?

I'm in good 'ol Brooklyn. :/

I just feel bad for my toddler who is thriving with other children!

NotInNJMommy

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 12:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm in good 'ol Brooklyn. :/

I just feel bad for my toddler who is thriving with other children!

That's tough. Sounds like there are reasons to not take on some risks. And reasons to do so.

In the Spring, my then preschooler (now kindergartner) was also doing so much better once she could resume her daycare. She wasn't doing badly before, but she was so happy to be with more kids again. I also had to get back in the office as an essential worker (and sole provider).

I hope this doesn't sound touchy-feely or "too spiritual", but something I learned was that everything is Hashgachah Pratis and therefore Hashem is always involved. Even when we are facing a decision and we aren't sure, that's HP and Hashem is there. I probably would consider taking some time to daven (even if only a focused minute or two) for help from Hashem to figure out what the right answer for your family is so you move past this with peace and calm that you're doing the best you can do.

Last edited by NotInNJMommy on Wed, Sep 30 2020, 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 12:59 pm
op im in brooklyn too similar situation so ur not the only one

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 2:36 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:
That's tough. Sounds like there are reasons to not take on some risks. And reasons to do so.

In the Spring, my then preschooler (now kindergartner) was also doing so much better once she could resume her daycare. She wasn't doing badly before, but she was so happy to be with more kids again. I also had to get back in the office as an essential worker (and sole provider).

I hope this doesn't sound touchy-feely or "too spiritual", but something I learned was that everything is Hashgachah Pratis and therefore Hashem is always involved. Even when we are facing a decision and we aren't sure, that's HP and Hashem is there. I probably would consider taking some time to daven (even if only a focused minute or two) for help from Hashem to figure out what the right answer for your family is so you move past this with peace and calm that you're doing the best you can do.

Actually, the bolded is what I really needed to hear.
its so obvious, but I needed that little reminder Smile
Today is the last day before Sukkos, so I sent to daycare, and we have time to re-evaulate.

We also keep hearing of people who are testing positive this week, so DH's anxiety is really going up.

Praying to Hashem for to help us figure out what the right answer for my family is and to send us (DH!) menuchas hanefesh !!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 2:37 pm
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
op im in brooklyn too similar situation so ur not the only one

Hug
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics