Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
ISO: Better tasting pinworm medication

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 9:18 am
We've used Cara PinAway: https://www.amazon.com/Pin-Awa.....=UTF8 but it ends up being a big struggle with my kids, they spit it out and I suspect never get a full dose ... so it's not surprising they get reinfected.

Is there any better tasting medicine out there? Any suppositories?

Ruchel

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 10:16 am
Can you use a pill

amother
Tulip

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 10:18 am
Call your pharmacy and see if they compound it into lollipops etc.

Last edited by amother on Thu, Aug 19 2021, 7:01 am; edited 1 time in total

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 11:37 am
If you can get them to take pills it's better, but I understand that for some kids, and even adults, it's really hard.

Get a Vermox tablet, and crush it up into some granola and yogurt, or make it into a powder and mix into chocolate pudding.

I keep Vermox in the house at all times. You never know when those little beasties will show up, and it's best to treat them right away, instead of having to go hunt down some medication.

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 12:44 pm
If you can get your dr to write a prescription, you can get vermox (mebendazole) for cheap from an online Canadian pharmacy. It’s chewable and has no taste. Just feels like eating dust sorta. Or you can crush and mix with food.
This is what I did for my family. The pin away did nothing for us.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 12:50 pm
I'm in the US and there are no pills anymore. How can I get Vermox?

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 2:14 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
If you can get your dr to write a prescription, you can get vermox (mebendazole) for cheap from an online Canadian pharmacy. It’s chewable and has no taste. Just feels like eating dust sorta. Or you can crush and mix with food.
This is what I did for my family. The pin away did nothing for us.

As per my post above, I got a written prescription from my dr in NJ. You upload it to the Canadian pharmacy’s website and they ship it to you. 30 pills plus shipping cost me $25. I used northwest pharmacy but there are others.

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 2:18 pm
And above all, you must make sure your kids are washing their hands properly. Also and dry all their stuff on hot water. Vacuum well in their bedrooms. But hand washing is most important. Soap and water, 15-20 seconds, after bathroom and before eating.

malki2

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 2:30 pm
Which pinworms are better tasting? They all taste pretty horrible. . .

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 2:37 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm in the US and there are no pills anymore. How can I get Vermox?

https://www.kiwidrug.com/search/vermox/ Buy a whole bunch, and treat everyone in the house at the same time. *

The tablets are small, and they dissolve in the mouth. They don't taste amazing, but they're not horrible. You can easily swallow them if you don't like the taste of slightly sweet chalk. Repeat the dose after 2 weeks.

*If you have pets, you can give them Vermox as well. You can give the pills to your pets by powdering them and then mixing them into peanut butter (for dogs) or tuna/wet food (for cats). You must treat your pets, because they can get pinworms and give them right back to you. They can also pick them up from outside and give them to everyone, so make sure you wash your hands well and often.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 2:39 pm
As per my post above, I got a written prescription from my dr in NJ. You upload it to the Canadian pharmacy’s website and they ship it to you. 30 pills plus shipping cost me $25. I used northwest pharmacy but there are others.

Surprised Whoa, that is an amazing price!

It's definitely more expensive if you are ordering from a place that doesn't require a prescription.

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 2:45 pm
Not a great idea to order drugs from a place that doesn’t require a prescription. You don’t know where they are making their drugs and what quality it is. Could contain toxins etc

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 2:57 pm
Not a great idea to order drugs from a place that doesn’t require a prescription. You don’t know where they are making their drugs and what quality it is. Could contain toxins etc

In general, yes.

In this case, the medicine ships out of New Zealand, where it is perfectly legal, regulated, and over the counter.

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 12:04 am

Bumping this up.
Reese’s and pin-x taste horrible. I mix it into grape juice and can barely drink it with a straw with plugged nose, without gagging. My daughter and I need pinworm meds and I rlly would rather not take it. It looks like the Canadian pharmacy can sell pill form vermox for $44 for 6 pills, or an off brand that is $17 for 30 pills. Which did you buy? How long did it take to arrive? How many pills do you take per person?
Anybody else have any suggestions?

Teomima

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 3:16 am
The Vermox I get for my kids is a banana flavored liquid, which they hate. But I mix it into extra chocolatey chocolate milk and they drink that just fine.

amother
Red

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 3:09 pm
My brothers used to get this when they were little. My mother used to make them eat garlic sandwiches. Worked perfectly without medication
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics